Kindle Oasis

Got my new toy today. Besides flying, I read.  And don't laugh...Western romances mostly.  Anyway I got the new Kindle Oasis.  I think I'm going to like it.  It's much superior to the Paperwhite because it doesn't have the on/off button on the bottom.  I was always turning the Paperwhite off by mistake because the on/off button being on the bottom.  Damn silly.  Anyway, there's no danger of turning the new one off by mistake because its nicely located at the top.

It cost me though.  About treble the price of the normal Paperwhite and because its wider it won't fit into a normal jacket pocket so I'll have to keep the Paperwhite for travelling.

I know its a flying forum Nick but you know us old blokes, we'll talk about anything!

That's interesting John!  We bought my wife's mom a Kindle a long time ago, she still uses it.  I didn't know they had so many iterations of it, and I'd buy one myself but I use my iPad which is basically the same.  And Western romances?  Who knew? :D  I think it's cool that you like these, when I was living in the UK, back when it was all real paper, we had a bookstore on base.  So I bought and read all the Louis L'Amour novels, I swear you could feel those flaming arrows in his words.  Who is the author of these?  I'm like you I read voluminously, both ebooks and real paper.  Good on ya mate!

Thanks Nick.

The one I'm reading at the moment is by William Black.

I also read all the C J Petit novels, Etta Foster, Cassidy Hanton, Katie Wyatt etc., etc.  Too numerous to mention really.  Also if course Louis L'Amour.

Going to readers I'm an Amazon man, so virtually all my purchases except food are from them.

All the best mate and happy reading.

Interesting John.  I only have the regular Kindle, last years.  I get my wife the newest one each year for Christmas, so I get the hand me down one...^_^   I'm only a year behind, nothing new..!

And Roger, please let us know when iBook ONe is out on Amazon.  I'd like to read it.   I have a friend (retired History teacher and Vet) that has written 3 books now...but about the Vietnam war.

Thanks for the heads-up Rodger.  As you know I don't read war stories about WW1 or 2 and you are aware of the reasons for that but in view of your support of reading my books I'll certainly be obtaining yours as soon as I see it on Amazon if only for Keif & Kev'!  A 'heads up' would be nice.

Rob, the nice thing about the Kindle Oasis is the handling is so much easier.  With the regular Paperwhite the on/off button is at the bottom so as soon as it rests or even touches your clothing it turns itself off!  Mind you, the Oasis is so much more expensive and the one thing negative I have to say about it is that unlike the normal Paperwhite it won't fit into a jacket pocket.

Archived