ORBX Central Update 4.0.20

onebob

I have recently had the ORBX Central update ver 4.0.20 and have noted in Add & Remove programs I have both :-

Orbx Central 4.0.16

Orbx  Central4.0.20

Do I need to uninstall the 4.0.16 ver.

many thanks

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi,

I noted the same issue - two versions installed:

Orbx Central 4.0.15

Orbx Central 4.0.20

When I tried to run the uninstaller it removed the newer version instead. Then attempting to remove 4.0.15, Windows tells me it can't find the uninstaller.  Running orbx-central-4.0.16.exe obtained just now from Orbx Direct, hoping to overwrite the former installation, the installer hangs almost immediately with the progress bar at about 30%.  Any ideas?

David

Hi,

I have entries for 4.0.16 and 4.0.20 in the windows 10 applications list, but only the 4.0.20 exe in my User/AppData/Local/Programs/orbx-central folder.

Searching the windows registry finds uninstall entries for both orbx-central versions. That for 4.0.16 should have been removed, I think.

Charles

I have un-installed the previous version 4.0.16 of Orbx Central as it gives an error on install, but now I'm unable to download version 4.0.20 of Orbx Central? Why. (SEE ATTACHED)

For some reason now with the older version 4.0.16 I am unable to download or purchase any Orbx product as I keep getting a "Whea uncorrectable stop error" on install.

Without either one of these versions working I'm up the creek for any further updating or installing of Orbx addons.

Windows 10

X-Plane 11

2019-10-16 06_34_25-.jpg

2019-10-16 07_02_18-Support Forums - Orbx Community and Support Forums - SeaMonkey.jpg

Hi@Nick Cooper

I thought 4.0.20 was the latest and greatest version of Orbx Central?
However, I can only download 4.0.16 from the Orbxdirect site.

Could you please let us know if you anticipate a newer version coming in the next couple of weeks?
If so, I'll hold off.

15 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Hi@Nick Cooper

I thought 4.0.20 was the latest and greatest version of Orbx Central?
However, I can only download 4.0.16 from the Orbxdirect site.

Could you please let us know if you anticipate a newer version coming in the next couple of weeks?
If so, I'll hold off.

At least version 4.0.16 is still working for you. Its no longer working for me, just crashes. Without having any version working I'm euchred in downloading or updating anything. Still waiting for an answer to my above questions from the powers to be, and so far nothing yet since Wednesday. Frustrating.

Guest Josh Koz

Orbx Central 4.0.16 is the latest public release version of Orbx Central. 4.0.20 is the latest fastlane version. You can download version from 4.0.16 from the site then upgrade to 4.0.20 through the application if you wish.

@Sentry11 Can you attach your central.log file so we can look into why your encountering errors when attempting an installation?

As far as I know I opted into the fastlane well before these Orbx Central installer blue screen crashes where window collects all the data and reboots started to occur. Without the ability to download and successfully open any version, 4.0.16 without crashing to blue on opening attempts or the fastlane version 4.0.20 I'm up the creek to purchase, update any Orbx files.

The only thing I thought may be causing the problem was a windows update,  so I rolled back the update, but no dice the crashes still occurred.

If you can tell me where the central.log file went to, or where it possibly can be located please do so, as I looked almost everywhere for it. (See Attached) and post #5.

The last screen shot was after the attempt to again try and install version 4.0.16 which crashed to blue half-way through the install leaving blank window's short  cut on the desktop that leads to nowhere.

These blue screen crashes only happen with Orbx Central version 4.0.16. I can't test with version 4.0.20 as I said before that I am unable to download it.

Memory Tested - Okay     Windows 10

Hard1390165770_2019-10-2101_55_33-Window.thumb.jpg.d22100f48fb4616728038e0e6bdfd5b2.jpgware Tested - Okay    Wundows 10 sfc /scannow

2019-10-21 01_50_22-Central - Orbx - SeaMonkey.jpg

2019-10-21 01_57_12-Window.jpg

2019-10-21 01_59_13-Window.jpg

2019-10-21 02_01_56-Window.jpg

16 definitely does not work, it just crashes to blue half way through the install. As you can see by the screen shot I'm already opted into "Fastlane", but when I go to download version 4.0.20 I get the version 4.0.16, which of course won't work and crashes on install. I looked all over for that so called "central log" file and its nowhere to be found.

Getting very frustrated with this since last Monday, and I'm getting to believe that Orbx Central is a very flawed installer.

Welcome me to the club. Reading that 4.16 could be uninstalled, I did so, only to learn as did others that 2.0 also vanished. Now, with only the DL for 4.16 available and attempting to install it, I similarly get stuck in the middle of the routine....so, is there a remedy for us?

fwiw, I have excluded the installation app from both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, but that has made no difference.

I looked in appdata, etc and there is no Central.log. I am wondering if actually deleting the app data ORBX/central folder and then attempting the installation from scratch will make the difference. Thanks for all the assistance...

Sherm

Since writing the above, I made a valuable discovery. If you at one time had installed 2.0 and it was deleted without intent when you deleted 4.16, there may be a way to recover the installer and run it. 

Look in C:\users\appdata\local\ORBX-CENTRAL-UPDATER\pending.

You may find the 2.0 installer inside the pending folder. If so run it. If you experience is like mine, you will be back to 2.0 and everything should be fine. btw, if you check your installed programs and 4.16 is in the list along with 4.2, just leave them both alone....

I hope this helps you. It seems to have put me back on track...

Sherm

shermank

Thanks for the suggestions, but no dice on my end.

But after opting out of the "Fastlane" .16 managed after crashing half way through to generate a "central.log" file with nothing in it.

This is getting ridiculous,  what kind of installer "from you know where" is this? Where are the developers responsible for this piece of software,

and why are they not reporting in with a solution, or further advise? Very disappointed right now.

2019-10-21 18_45_25-Window.jpg

central.log

Before we continue, lets clean up any of the existing files. Delete the following directories:

• %AppData%/Orbx/Central
  • %LocalAppData%/Programs/orbx-central
  • %LocalAppData%/orbx-central-updater

Download the v4.0.16 installer from the website and run it. If you're getting a blue screen during the Central install process, this is most likely a hardware or driver issue unrelated to Central.

You can also try the v4.0.20 installer.

I've cleaned up those files so many times now, and reinstalled so many times that my finger tips are starting to hurt.

I've checked the memory - all memory checks okay.

I've checked hardware and file integrity - they check okay.

Drivers are all up to date.

v4.0.20 crashes as well, but its a funny thing that FTX Central will install without a hitch, but that's no good as its out of date.

What else should I do, or try to get back into business?

Not only that, but after all of the above checking I even did a clean re-install of windows 10 but no dice. Even the latest 4.0.23 crashes.

I now have to download Orbx purchases to my Mac and then port them to my windows 10 computer, and then install them into XP. That is the only way for me to install, what a waste of time. It sure is strange that after all this only the versions of the Orbx Central installer are doing the crashing.

IMHO the installer is flawed in many respects and needs to be closely looked at by it's developers.

1 hour ago, Sentry11 said:

I even did a clean re-install of windows 10 but no dice.

After your reinstall of windows are you ensuring the system requirements that are described in the user guide starting at page 25  installed and updated?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

After your reinstall of windows are you ensuring the system requirements that are described in the user guide starting at page 25  installed and updated?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit

Thanks for you help and suggestions.

I followed all the trouble shooting instructions in the guide, and all the visual redistributables, 13 & 15 along with the 13 update are installed.

Hardware and file integrity checked for the n-th time. I'm at a complete loss on this one, everything was working fine until it didn't anymore.

I still believe there is a problem for some with the new Orbx Central installer, but then again I have been wrong before.

At least I still can install to windows 10 by porting from the Mac, but its really not a solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, Sentry11 said:

Not only that, but after all of the above checking I even did a clean re-install of windows 10 but no dice. Even the latest 4.0.23 crashes.

I now have to download Orbx purchases to my Mac and then port them to my windows 10 computer, and then install them into XP. That is the only way for me to install, what a waste of time. It sure is strange that after all this only the versions of the Orbx Central installer are doing the crashing.

IMHO the installer is flawed in many respects and needs to be closely looked at by it's developers.

[SOLVED]

Finally found the problem why on my Windows 10 computer I was not able to install the "Orbx Central" application and crashing to BLUE on every attempt.

Funny thing, the crashing only happened when attempting to install the "Orbx Central" app with any version of the installer.

Now I'm finally able to install all recently purchased Orbx add-ons. Its been a long, and frustrating time this adventure.

Archived