AUv2 Blue Black scenery tiles Tasmania

Hello 

Ive started having issues where the scenery isnt loading properly in Tasmania. I have uninstalled the demo so it doesnt clash with AUv2. I have also redone the terrain cfg without any luck using P3Dv4.5. I use tomatoshade...could it be a corrupt shader cache? Seems as though its not just Tas but the rest of Australia.

Any help appreciated. 

2019-10-4_13-59-48-452.jpg

2019-10-4_14-0-0-681.jpg

2019-10-5_0-35-38-392.jpg

2019-10-5_0-35-46-274.jpg

2019-10-5_0-35-53-381.jpg

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

The next step would be to run Resycnchronise the simulator and try again.

Thanks Nick just done that. Have re verified Orbx libs and Auv2 and the file size is now 49kb just checking sim now. NZ is now ok Hobart is not must have a rouge file somewhere.

Greg

16 hours ago, Gregory Perrier said:

I seem to have tried everything to solve the black terrain in spots even un installed a oz hobart addon but this didnt make any difference be glad of other suggestions. I have run ftx central many times I am using the latest hotfix for P3Dv4.5 is there an issue with this?

I have this issue in several areas of Aus 2, Hobart, Cessnock, and Hamilton Island off the top of my head. None around the major cities, and most of the continent is fine. They're not the big black squares like some of the above images. Mine are just like image #2. They're not whole tiles, just odd-shaped areas. It seems to be night textures (and some water textures around Hamilton) replacing day textures. I've reinstalled P3D 4.5 twice with a fresh install of Aus 2 with no addon airports at all, no Vector, no Global, and tried installations with both Orbx Central and FTX Central 3. Holger had said he thought he knew what the problem was in another thread, but I've heard nothing since. Not sure if an update or fix is planned since it's been four months since release. I finally gave up and unticked the entries in the scenery library.

6 hours ago, Gregory Perrier said:

Three Cheers Nick!

Thank you so much problem solved. Yes there was those FTX Au 1 folders/files still there and Holgermesh as well.and a scenery.au cfg file too.

Sorted thank you

Cheers Greg

So you're saying the odd-shaped black areas in image #2 were fixed as well? Mine looks just like that, very odd since I don't have all of the addons and I've tried every fix mentioned in that thread and here. If it's working for everyone but me, then there's no fix or update coming. :(

On 10/9/2019 at 3:20 AM, patful said:

So you're saying the odd-shaped black areas in image #2 were fixed as well? Mine looks just like that, very odd since I don't have all of the addons and I've tried every fix mentioned in that thread and here. If it's working for everyone but me, then there's no fix or update coming. :(

Correct. If you follow the guide that Nick has posted and checked the  lclookup.bgl file that its 49kb then re run FTX Central verify the files for AUv2 and the orbx libs hopefully it will solve your issues too.

From Nick 

Australia v2 does not include FTXAU18_CUSTOM, FTXAU28_CUSTOM, FTXAU38_CUSTOM and FTXAU48_CUSTOM

which are most likely the Tasmania demo folders.

In any event, you need to remove them, both from your PC and from your scenery library.

To try to make life easier, all the Australia V2 folders are named FTXAUv2

Just go through the folders as mentioned slowly with a fine tooth comb and hopefully you will find the problem, it took me a while so understand your frustration.

Cheers Greg

Th

1 hour ago, Gregory Perrier said:

Correct. If you follow the guide that Nick has posted and checked the  lclookup.bgl file that its 49kb then re run FTX Central verify the files for AUv2 and the orbx libs hopefully it will solve your issues too.

Thanks, Greg. Unfortunately, my install is clean, so there are no artifacts from Australia 1 or the Tasmania demo. I only have Aus v2 files/folders/scenery entries, and no other Australian addons other than Mr. Eccleston's freeware traffic. My lclookup is 49 kb, and I've verified files repeatedly, reinstalled everything, even Windows 10...twice. :lol: I have an i5 7600K at 4.8 GHz, a GTX 1080, and 32 GB of RAM, so it's not a resource issue. It can't be a faulty GPU since it's only Australia, and only specific areas within Australia. If an update ever comes out, then I'll try that, but it's unclicked in my scenery library at this point, just too frustrating. Disappointed.

7 hours ago, Gregory Perrier said:

Good thinking Doug gets a bit messy after a while.

Yeah, sorry about that. I tend to piggyback if I see someone with the same problem. Saves creating an image-hosting account and yet another password to remember. And I'm getting past the age of rememembering. :wacko: Thanks for the help/advice, guys. I'll wait for a service pack.

Hi guys,

FYI, a substantial service pack for AUv2 is in preparation and close to Beta testing. It'll fix reported issues, including the black "blobs" north of Sydney -- https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?tab=comments#comment-1523547 -- and include a bunch of new content like additional photoreal areas, tall antennae and cooling towers, etc. Apologies for the delay in getting this ready.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Holger. But is it only near Sydney, or will the issue be resolved everywhere with the same fix.

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

It'll fix reported issues, including the black "blobs" north of Sydney -- https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?tab=comments#comment-1523547 --

Thanks, Holger!  I do have those black areas near Sydney as well. Do you know if fixing those will also fix the same issue with the other areas that I've mentioned, or is it just a case-by-case issue?

Hi patful,

I'm not aware of any issues in AUv2 within the Sydney city proper so if that's the case for you then it would have to be either an installation issue or an interaction with a third-party addon like the FlyTampa YSSY entry mentioned in the AUv2 manual. The black areas reported in the link I posted above are specific to a narrow band in the forested areas along the boundary of the BLUE and GOLD subregions.

Sorry but we can only fix what gets properly reported (i.e., screenshots with coordinates) and can be reproduced by us.

Cheers, Holger 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:54 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi patful,

I'm not aware of any issues in AUv2 within the Sydney city proper so if that's the case for you then it would have to be either an installation issue or an interaction with a third-party addon like the FlyTampa YSSY entry mentioned in the AUv2 manual. The black areas reported in the link I posted above are specific to a narrow band in the forested areas along the boundary of the BLUE and GOLD subregions.

Sorry but we can only fix what gets properly reported (i.e., screenshots with coordinates) and can be reproduced by us.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks, Holger. As noted above, the locations I remember are Cessnock, Hamilton Island, Warnervale, Hobart, and north of Sydney, all east coast. I don't have any addons at all, just a clean Australia 2 install in P3D 4.5. This is exactly how my Cessnock looks: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173900-ausv2-texture-anomalies-at-cessnock/?tab=comments#comment-1523728

Changing the tesselation had no effect for me as it did for Mr. Clarke. I've changed every setting I have, but nothing gets rid of the black areas. Others have confirmed that they aren't seeing the same problems I'm encountering. I tore up my arm a couple of months ago, and haven't been able to fly at all until recently, and now I'm swamped with work, so I really don't have the time to keep messing with it. I have a feeling my GTX 1080 just doesn't like something in the scenery, and I don't want to bother you with more tickets trying to figure out my isolated issue. Thanks.

Hi again,

once the AUV2 service pack comes around I'd recommend uninstalling the original version, checking that the display issues have disappeared, and then installing the AUv2 SP1 version from scratch. If the problem areas return please let us known and we'll dig deeper.

Issues like these aren't hardware related and I'm currently only using an GTX 1070 card without any display problems so that can't be the cause.

Cheers, Holger

Archived