Size of the coming TE-Regions for P3D v4

big-mike

45 minutes ago, John Venema said:

You will easily fit all our upcoming TE regions for P3D into a single 2TB drive. P3D uses a much more efficient BGL format for orthos versus XP11's DDS format.

Thanks John

You seem to stress the word - "upcoming"

Hypotheticaly - if one stuck to PD3R and loaded all present Orbx scenery offered on product page - including TE Britain N_/ S_/ and central - and all Airports so far - and projections like Africa

would they still fit on a 2TB ?? - If not - what's your educated asessment of a single drive unit - and I note that yours is 4 TB - so maybe that's the answer

- always assuming you play with all your own stuff from Time to time:rolleyes:

Honest Boss - we are hanging out for info like this - and absolutely nothing to do with  sliders and CPUs etc - another story!

Hello,

the whole P3D v4 installation with all the presently available Orbx products installed into it is 677 GB.

Note that this includes P3D itself as well as the added Orbx products.

To bring a sense of perspective back to this topic, I have the following installed for testing and

support purposes.

P3D v4 with every product.

P3D v4 with no addon products at all

P3D v4 with all my addon aircraft

FSX with every Orbx product

FSX with no addon products at all

FSX with all my addon aircraft

all on the same drive and still only 1.52 TB

Sorry to semi-hijack, but if I can run the XP TrueEarth GB (higher rez ?) pretty well on my PC, will the P3D version in SD, perform, more or less, as well ?

I believe that Ortho runs differently in the two sims... or does it ?

Thnx.

For what it's worth,  my thought is to wait until one needs storage space before buying it. It's embarrassing to buy a lot of storage when you still have adequate space left only to find that by the time you would have needed it, the price of the new drive has dropped by a significant amount, or perhaps more advanced drives are available.  At worst, you will only be a week behind getting the latest software offering(s) while you wait for Newegg to ship a new drive and get it installed.

Cheers,

Archived