Oregon v1.1.0 has still pink hues

Pilot

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it has already been requested for you in post 3.

I don't think you can't understand the frustration of yet not getting an answer for this.  

It is now 36 hours past my post and 3 days after the release and we don't have a word about it.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how beta testing works if the main issue that this update was meant to fix, is not fixed.

Sorry for being more critic on this, but I believe customers can express their reviews being good or bad sometimes. And for ORBX is 99% good ones.

I've been travelling the past days and not at my development PC. The shots of Portland should be much greener and darker, but I'll compare tomorrow morning from my main PC.

The actual resolution of the imagery is still 1m/px, this hasn't changed, all we did for the area was update it from 2015 to 2017 imagery, and this was done over several tiles.

Please compare it to John's shots here:

It doesn't look like the same Portland textures to me, and something has gone wrong with the install.

P.S. I've pinged the OC developers to see if the can offer any insight

The shots above are of the pre-patch v1.0 imagery.

Portland in 1.1 should like this:

4-bb16e02e4859593d2cdda097acdb57cc.jpg

More shots here:

It would appear therefore, that the 1.1 textures have not been copied properly into your installation. This could be due to Orbx Central being interrupted or the decompression stage not completing for some reason. We will need to do some forensic investigation on why your installations are not complete.

In the meantime, if bandwidth is not an issue, can someone try to install Oregon and re-install it? Ensure that the entire Oregon folder is removed from your Library or where it was installed.

1 hour ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

@Pilot

Please could you do the following:

- Go into Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_Textures/terrain

- Right-click on a few of the files and choose properties

- Let me know the name of the file and created/modified date

Thank you very much for the reply Tony and John.

It is weird because I cannot find at all the Orbx_C_US_Oregon_Textures folder.

Combined with what John said before, assuming this exact problem, I guess what myself and others experience is an ORBX Central issue during the update process?

I think you should look at Central, because I also have done a Verify Files action, and got a green tick mark.

Based on your replies, I think the safe option would be what John suggested to do a full uninstall and reinstall. I will do that tomorrow and let you know if its hopefully fixed.

2 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

@Pilot

Please could you do the following:

- Go into Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_Textures/terrain

- Right-click on a few of the files and choose properties

- Let me know the name of the file and created/modified date

Okay, I believe I have the same issue - colors look like those of pre-patch oregon, at least around Portland. I also tried to compare some of the marshalling yard containers in the forum's pre-patch vs post-patch images, and mine are definitely not the V1.01 images posted by JV.

@Tony Wroblewski Just like Pilot, I too can't find Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_Textures/

All I have for Oregon within my Custom Scenery folder is Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom; Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay; and Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos.

Going into the Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain folder and checking the file created/modified date (on the TER files) gives:

Date created - Tues 20th August 2019

Modified - Yesterday 18th September 2019 (when I updated via Orbx central)

The textures within the Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/textures folder only seem to have a handful (25 DDS files) that have a created/modified date of the 18th September 2019. The rest are all 21st August or earlier.

3 hours ago, ristar said:

Okay, I believe I have the same issue - colors look like those of pre-patch oregon, at least around Portland. I also tried to compare some of the marshalling yard containers in the forum's pre-patch vs post-patch images, and mine are definitely not the V1.01 images posted by JV.

@Tony Wroblewski Just like Pilot, I too can't find Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_Textures/

All I have for Oregon within my Custom Scenery folder is Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom; Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay; and Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos.

Going into the Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain folder and checking the file created/modified date (on the TER files) gives:

Date created - Tues 20th August 2019

Modified - Yesterday 18th September 2019 (when I updated via Orbx central)

The textures within the Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/textures folder only seem to have a handful (25 DDS files) that have a created/modified date of the 18th September 2019. The rest are all 21st August or earlier.

I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled. Looks like it is all fixed up now. Can confirm the Portland area is as per the patched images shown on the forum. It does seem as if the patching failed, even though it downloaded a large amount of files.

8 minutes ago, ristar said:

I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled. Looks like it is all fixed up now. Can confirm the Portland area is as per the patched images shown on the forum. It does seem as if the patching failed, even though it downloaded a large amount of files.

The area to the WSW of Portland now looks a bit like a desert now, is this due to the time of year the image was taken?

OregonPatched.thumb.jpg.995cfca058d05572114f3b50c41359a1.jpg

1 hour ago, ristar said:

Thanks ristar, this explains the issues people are having, it would appear the patching is failing

1 hour ago, ristar said:

The area to the WSW of Portland now looks a bit like a desert now, is this due to the time of year the image was taken?

Yes there is quite some difference between the two sources, with the 2017 being somewhat drier and less green overall, however it brings it inline more to Washington. Not all of it is like this, but the most effected area was the agricultural areas south of Portland. It is normal (e.g. Check Bing of Google Maps), just a little less easy on the eye.

3 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Great, thanks for letting us know and sorry for the confusion, we're trying to work out why the patches are failing for some users

Tony...I also, had just used Central 4 (latest version) to 'patch' Oregon.  I also had what I thought was all the original visual complaints, but didn't post...thinking "..well..that was their patch".  I then read this thread, and saw that others had the same original color pallets and visuals, as I had, supposedly, post-patch...and followed the recommendation to 'bite the bullet' , uninstall, and go through the whole install process for the whole new Oregon version.

Well, that indeed did the trick...I have great Portland visuals, that mimic the photo uploads of John V.   Obviously for myself, (as for others...) patching the product is not working.  You DO NEED to uninstall and reinstall the whole shebang.  That does work...and the difference is stunning.  I'm quite happy now...Portland and other areas, upgraded look as good as Washington now...clear...ground ortho,  quite discernible. 

So...my advice to everyone reading my post...is to yes...'bite the bullet'...and uninstall your present (even if you THINK you have a successful Oregon patch in place......) and reinstall the full product. You then, will get the updated Oregon....no two ways about it....and you will be happy for having to invest time and download metrics to do so.

My twelve cents.  The outcome is worth the time to re-download and install Oregon.

Archived