Orbx Central v4.0.12 released for Fastlane users

Hi all,

We have just released Orbx Central version 4.0.12 to Fastlane users. We have fixed a lot issues that users were experiencing, along with a few quality of life improvements.

To revisit the issues identified in the previous update post:

• Global openLC fallback texture location
    The status of this issue is unchanged since v4.0.10. We are still working with Lockheed Martin on this issue. In the meantime, if your copy of Orbx Global BASE is installed in the simulator (i.e., not in a "library"), you will not experience this issue.

• More insertion point / layering choice
    We have now introduced an "advanced layering" mode to Orbx Central. This is a complete re-write of the scenery layering code to make it more robust, scaleable, and to fix some issues that users have encountered. If you experienced issues with morphing textures when openLC products are enabled, this will help order those entries correctly.

-------------------------------

Advanced Layering

This update introduces the option to use a new advanced layering system. This system aims to address community feedback regarding the current Orbx Central layering system. It provides much more accurate layering of Orbx products, and also allows for third-party add-on.xml based products.

It can be enabled in Settings -> Insertion Point. This system is still experimental and we're looking for feedback! Let us know your thoughts in the Orbx Central Support Forum.

If you encounter any of the following issues, we recommend trying this new system:

• openLC not being layered correctly in some circumstances
  • Strange texture behaviour when using openLC and Orbx Regions
  • Error after running 'Sync Simulator'
  • Missing scenery.cfg entries after installation
  • Incorrect layering of Orbx products

Opting-in to Fastlane

This version of Orbx Central will first be distributed to Fastlane users. We are doing this as we've introduced quite a few changes to core components (such as scenery layering).

If you are already opted-in to Fastlane, the next time you start Orbx Central you will receive the 4.0.12 update.

If you are not opted-in to Fastlane, you can do so from Settings -> Account -> Fastlane, or from the page on our website.

The changelog for Orbx Central v4.0.12 is below. You can also access the changelog within Orbx Central by going to Settings -> Changelog.

Added

• Advanced layering system
  • Automated backing up of scenery_packs.ini, scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg before modification by Central
  • Improved display of file size units
  • Indication of which library a product is installed into
  • Minor improvements to labels
  • Improved detection of texture conversion issues

Fixed

• Homepage indefinite loading if in offline mode
  • Central failing to launch if library was set to the root directory of a drive
  • Insertion point page not working correctly if insertion point no longer exists
  • Central failing to launch if the core configuration file is corrupt
  • Occasional 'Invalid Password' error when performing an express checkout (even with correct password)
  • openLC being layered incorrectly when installed into the simulator
  • SimObjects not being added correctly to generated add-on.xml files
  • Disabled scenerylib files still being inserted into the simulator
  • OZx entries being added multiple times
  • Symbolic links not being made after an X-Plane 11 product migration

G'day Ben,

Is there a reason the Orbx Airports, Regions and Global open LC are no longer visible in the scenery list when setting Insertion Points in FSX and P3Dv4 ?

On 9/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, Ben McClintock said:

OZx entries being added multiple times

FSX Insertion point for Orbx Airports and Regions is still showing multiple entries for OZx Libs, in my case x 35 entries, SyncSimulator has not made a difference.

P3Dv4 insertion point.jpg

FSX OZx LIB entries x 35.jpg

OK, I gotta ask this still....

In my X-Plane 11 installation (on my D: drive), I already have (and had before any Central version was released) all of my ORBX products on my T: drive symbolically linked to the D:\X-Plane 11 folder. Central would never allow me to "select" the T: drive location of the ORBX products as a "New Library".  It ALWAYS said (and STILL says with v4.0.12 now) that "The folder is not empty".

Everything seems to still work OK.  But there are still NO "libraries" listed in Central as the location of my ORBX products.

MY QUESTION:  If/When I try to install NEW ORBX products, OR UPDATE any current ORBX products, is Central going to use the CURRENT location of all my ORBX products?  Or is it going to insist I create a totally NEW library somewhere?  Or just throw everything into the main X-Plane folder on the D: drive?

Why on earth can't Central recognize that my CURRENT T: drive location of all my ALREADY symbolically linked ORBX products can be used as a "library" for Central?  Does Central 4.0.12 even have to have a "library" anymore?  If "Yes", how the heck can I get Central to use the location I already have and use for all my ORBX products?

Thanks for any insight.

Hello Ian,

you could start by reading the Opting-in to Fastlane section of the first post in this topic.

Since its inception, there has been no "Global Base" scenery library entry.

It has always added

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE or

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Nothing has changed.

Unless of course you decided to use the add-on xml method and install all your products into an

Orbx Central Library, in which case, everything has changed.

You refer in your post to "Central 4".

Here is a topic I made for those customers who have difficulty in identifying the new product installer.

Thanks for your direct answer Nick.  My only excuse is that Global has been on my computer for over 5 years, probably longer, and when I was forced to a full clean-out and reinstallation from the OS up, I forgot, if I ever knew this detail. Some of your customers have been with Orbx maybe longer than you!

As some of you may know I had artifact issues concerning the Global Range Products prior to the latest update (miss-placed night textures, etc. randomly placed in the terrain).

I installed the latest update (ORBX Central 4.0.13) . I also installed Global Base, Global Vector, Global openLC North America and Global Trees into the simulator (where P3D is on another drive (other than smaller OS drive) and all the issues are gone! Having said this, I have not installed any airport add-ons into a separate library. I`m a little nervous right now because everything is working smoothly. Nevertheless, things appear to be getting worked out. Thank You.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, FalconAF said:

OK, I gotta ask this still....

In my X-Plane 11 installation (on my D: drive), I already have (and had before any Central version was released) all of my ORBX products on my T: drive symbolically linked to the D:\X-Plane 11 folder. Central would never allow me to "select" the T: drive location of the ORBX products as a "New Library".  It ALWAYS said (and STILL says with v4.0.12 now) that "The folder is not empty".

Everything seems to still work OK.  But there are still NO "libraries" listed in Central as the location of my ORBX products.

MY QUESTION:  If/When I try to install NEW ORBX products, OR UPDATE any current ORBX products, is Central going to use the CURRENT location of all my ORBX products?  Or is it going to insist I create a totally NEW library somewhere?  Or just throw everything into the main X-Plane folder on the D: drive?

Why on earth can't Central recognize that my CURRENT T: drive location of all my ALREADY symbolically linked ORBX products can be used as a "library" for Central?  Does Central 4.0.12 even have to have a "library" anymore?  If "Yes", how the heck can I get Central to use the location I already have and use for all my ORBX products?

Thanks for any insight.

I am in a similar position, having my TrueEarth GB products installed on my F: drive, in a folder named 'Orbx.' They are symbolically linked to my X Plane custom scenery folder.

Since OC does not allow that existing folder to be used as a library, I merely created a new empty folder on the F: drive, which I have named 'Orbx Central.' I was able to define this as a Library so that any future products I wish to download can be installed there. In the meantime, OC still recognises the locations for my existing products, some of which have just been updated.

Hope this helps.

John

Archived