Orbx Central v4.0.10 released

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve the stability of Orbx Central.

We have just released Orbx Central version 4.0.10 with a plethora of fixes and improvements. I'll show the full changelog below.

But first, let me revisit the core issues identified in the "We're listening" post.

• Vector Control Panel and AEC tool
    We just released an update to Vector that allows scanning for scenery.cfg, and add-on packages. As mentioned in the initial post, we also made the whole process a lot faster than before. This issue should now be solved.

• Global openLC fallback texture location
    We are still working with Lockheed Martin on this issue. In the meantime, if your copy of Orbx Global BASE is installed in the simulator (i.e., not in a "library"), then you will not experience this issue.

• More insertion point / layering choice
    We have some changes going out within the next few days that should fix the remaining scenery library ordering issues.

--------------------

As mentioned above, here is the changelog for Orbx Central v4.0.10. You can also access the changelog within Orbx Central by going to Settings -> Changelog.

Added

• Ability to install products into other products (used for the TrueEarth US Washington Enhancement Pack).
  • System requirements are now shown on some product pages.
  • Library-type products such as ObjectFlow and SODE will now always show in My Products.

Fixed

• A better error message is now shown if a product prerequisite cannot be installed.
  • Control panels will now restore their previous state correctly after an update.
  • TrueEarth US Oregon SD & HD will no longer both show as installed. See below for more details.
  • Migrating Orbx Global VECTOR to a library should now work correctly and preserve existing disabled airports.
  • Scenery configuration area numbers are now zero-padded to fill three characters (e.g., [Area.1] becomes [Area.001]).
  • Scenery configuration no longer crashes if an area does not have an Active or Required key. It will default to Active=true and Required=false.
  • OZx will not be added to the scenery configuration multiple times.
  • Orbx Global VECTOR will now be layered at the correct location (below Scenery\AFRI). If your VECTOR is currently at an incorrect location, you can go to Settings -> Help and click "Sync Simulator" to restore the correct location.

Improved

• The uninstall code for X-Plane products is now more stable.
  • Error messages when a chunk fails to extract are now more readable.
  • The extraction stage is now more stable.

--------------------

Oregon HD and SD both showing as installed
The easiest way to resolve this is to rename one of the Oregon version text files so that Orbx Central can distinguish the two products.

1. Find your install of TrueEarth US Oregon. This will either be in <xp11>/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom, or if you installed it to a library, it will be <library>/Orbx TrueEarth US Oregon SD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom` or <library>/Orbx TrueEarth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom (depending on whether you have the SD or HD version installed).
  2. If you have the HD version installed, rename version.txt to version_us-oregon-hd-xp11.txt. If you have the SD version installed, rename version.txt to version_us-oregon-sd-xp11.txt.

The next time you start Orbx Central, the correct version of Oregon will show as installed.

Hi all,

I instaled Orbx Central, it shows me two updates for Global Base and for Vector, but when I try to download it, I still get: A communication error occured when trying to perform this action. What it is, please ? FTX Central3 worked well.

Thank you, Jan

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Stew, my Vector update ran in the background without me knowing about it so I suppose the answer is no?

TTM

Yeah, same thing happened to me.  I haven't seen any problems yet, so everything is good so far.  I originally thought the new Vector would be installed via the add-on.xml method, but that is not the case.  I still have 353 GB available on my P3D SSD, but when things start getting tight, all the Orbx stuff will transferred to another SSD and linked to the P3D drive by a symbolic link.  But for now everything is cool.

56 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Yeah, same thing happened to me.  I haven't seen any problems yet, so everything is good so far.  I originally thought the new Vector would be installed via the add-on.xml method, but that is not the case.  I still have 353 GB available on my P3D SSD, but when things start getting tight, all the Orbx stuff will transferred to another SSD and linked to the P3D drive by a symbolic link.  But for now everything is cool.

You might be able to help me with this one: Ben said, "Vector Control Panel and AEC tool
We just released an update to Vector that allows scanning for scenery.cfg, and add-on packages."

I have had a look at the new Vector but can't find where you scan for Add On packages. I am assuming Terra Flora comes into that category.

Any idea how to find it??

Thanks

TTM

Hello,

the Vector control panel is there among other things to scan addon airports

and apply as necessary, amendments to the Vector AEC settings.

Until now, it has been able to do this successfully but not to addon airports added using the xml method.

Now it can see and deal with them as well.

It does not scan anything else.

"if your copy of Orbx Global BASE is installed in the simulator (i.e., not in a "library"), then you will not experience this issue."

This is not true in my case if I have Vectors and NA LC installed in a library with Global Base installed in the simulator if that is what the quote means. I still get the random "dark" texture blocks with Global Base installed in simulator and Vectors and NA LC installed in separate library. When I uninstall the NA LC, but leave the Vectors alone  the, "dark" textures  go away. As it stands I can run Global Base installed in simulator and Vectors in a Library but no NA LC unless I want random "dark" texture blocks.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:11 AM, Ezra said:

"if your copy of Orbx Global BASE is installed in the simulator (i.e., not in a "library"), then you will not experience this issue."

This is not true in my case if I have Vectors and NA LC installed in a library with Global Base installed in the simulator if that is what the quote means. I still get the random "dark" texture blocks with Global Base installed in simulator and Vectors and NA LC installed in separate library. When I uninstall the NA LC, but leave the Vectors alone  the, "dark" textures  go away. As it stands I can run Global Base installed in simulator and Vectors in a Library but no NA LC unless I want random "dark" texture blocks.

I don't believe this to be a general ORBX Central problem. I've random dark texture blocks too, and I have not yet installed the new Central. It seems to be a conflict between 3rd party addon LC files and FTX LC. (e.g. YSSY, CYZZ and KMSY)

Archived