Is Orbx Central mandatory for new purchases?

flying_fish

Been preoccupied with enjoying the summer, so apols in advance if I have missed an obvious message here...

Must I install Orbx Central to install newly purchased P3D Orbx products or can I still do it with FTX Central?

Reason for asking is I'd like to delay using the new Central until the current issues are resolved. 

Hello,

as far as I am aware, from Skagit onwards you do need Orbx Central.

Also as far as I am aware, you can still buy all the other products as Orbx Direct and install them with FTX Central.

The answer therefore depends on which products you intend to buy.

23 hours ago, flying_fish said:

Must I install Orbx Central to install newly purchased P3D Orbx products or can I still do it with FTX Central?

All of our P3D products are still available on FTX Central (including new purchases of old products).

The next two products, LYBE and EGLC, will also be available on FTX Central.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, Ben McClintock said:

All of our P3D products are still available on FTX Central (including new purchases of old products).

The next two products, LYBE and EGLC, will also be available on FTX Central.

JV said on June 20 that EGNX will be available for p3d as well (https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174543-egnx-east-midlands-airport-coming-soon-for-x-plane-11/?do=findComment&comment=1529143). Could you make it available for purchase through FTX Central too, please?

• 2 weeks later...

As this was the latest post, Nick, I take it that it supersedes Ben's comment from the 18th?

On 8/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

May I ask what the issue with Central is please?

There does seem to be some teething problems detailed in the Central forum, and some still outstanding in the update, according to Ben's notes on the chamgelog for V4.01. Probably minor, and no doubt a stable version is on its way.

Archived