The J P McEnroe award goes to . . .

andy1252

Thought I'd take a few moments out from moaning about Orbx Central and actually go flying. Bought a couple of nice books recently about Convair and the B-36 so . . .

Set off from Vandenberg AFB and thought I'd go scare some hippies (hey, I can say that, I was one (sort of))

yZNzt7e.jpg

2dWXOKM.jpg

hmmm . . .

3U78ztU.jpg

I think I can, I know I can . . .

VZZhMMX.jpg

oaRdccH.jpg

2UxbNVt.jpg

EhnZg08.jpg

y4IffJv.jpg

eHfTphi.jpg

She actually went through quite easily. And way over speed at that. I so like that you can do this sort of thing in the sim!

16 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

15 hours ago, dexthom said:

Yep! six turning and four burning..

Indeed, but they never did get it to the point of "and one radiatin' ", which is probably a blessing.

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A brilliant flight, showing

a) how big that bridge is

b) how good Andy´s pilot skills are.

Cheers Gerold, I'm with you on the first point but definitely not the second. Got all my realism settings way down to off, and lots of hitting the 'pause' key to nip outside and check I'm not dipping a wing or anything else in the water. And if this was a Carenado or something similar with actual working controls I wouldn't even contemplate it! Well, ok, I might have a go, but . . .

15 hours ago, patful said:

Gorgeous! Far prettier views than Carswell. :D #5 is superb.

Cheers Pat (?), and I quite liked that one as well - it makes the jets look like floats!

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Andy, was this in the evening?  They look very dark.

Cheers Jack, and nah! mid afternoon maybe - you know my taste in colour tone (come over to the Dark Side, Jack!) And I would so love to have a really fancy copy of this airplane, and especially for X-Plane, but this is why I'll probably be keeping P3D way past any real interest in it. I have way too big a hangar ful of stuff for it that I just can't get for XP. Like you, I spend most of my time in XP now, but every now and then I get the urge to play with something like the B-36 or some other oddity. Mind you, I do have a jetpack for XP that I'm trying to get to grips with.

11 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack err I meant Andy:D. The Hippies weren't impressed.:lol: :D

Not sure they even noticed actually <grin>

10 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Under the Golden Gate in a B36 - Jack, the gauntlet is down.  When I was an airman at Chanute AFB, there was a B36 parked and we were allowed to get on board and check it out.

Never seen one for real OnD, at least I don't remember there being one at the SAS museum in Omaha, which is about the only such musem I've visited in the US. Mind you, I was obsessing about the B-58 at that time so I could well have (unbelievably) not even noticed a B-36 while I was drooling over the Hustler.

22 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Stunning set Andy!

Cheers Dolf, I think I might take this beast to Vegas next!

18 hours ago, wain71 said:

superb set.....great flying to.....

Thanks Wain, as to the "great flying" bit, we'll see how that goes if I ever try to actually land this thing.

Archived