Go Back to FTX Central 3?

Dane

Is it possible to go back to FTX CEntral 3 after embracing ORBX Central and migrating ORBX files/folders?

I am just having too much trouble after this move and migration.

Hi

I went back to FTX Central too

But to avoid issues with Orbx Central I downloaded all again and then deleted the folders created by Orbx Central before starting P3D

All is working perfectly fine, though it took me three days to recover.

Cheers

Carlos

Once again it should be pointed out that you do not need to immediately start changing your

entire P3D v4 installation. it will work with Orbx Central without a single modification and

everything will be as before.

There is absolutely no need to start migrating products just for the sake of it.

Nick, thanks for this but 8 pages of forum entries in less then a week after release must be a new record for ORBX as well.

I am with you guys since the release of Australia Blue and I never had problems like this with a product released by your company.

What is most frustrating is that those tips like yours above come once the community is really facing a lot of problems. Even your own product Vector elevation corrections, don't work. Yes, you offer a work around but this is like you want to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide and Qantas says, the only way you can do this is via Darwin.

regards

Peter

(very frustrated)

Hello,

I regret that you are very frustrated.

Purely out of interest, there were 10 pages in the first week of FTX Central.

It should also be noted that some of the questions arise for reasons other than

perceived imperfections and that some of them are addressing the same problems

without regard for existing reports.

The team are working as hard as possible and if you look at the posts, very

long hours, to iron out the wrinkles and to answer the questions raised.

In every large project, thing are overlooked and the Vector Control Panel/xml

addons relationship seems to have been one of them.

I hope that we are allowed to install new purchases via FTXC v3 until all issues with v4 are addressed.

I am aware that v4 can be used for new purchases as long as we don't update airports or migrate, we should be safe.

12 hours ago, 747Fan said:

Nick, thanks for this but 8 pages of forum entries in less then a week after release must be a new record for ORBX as well.

I am with you guys since the release of Australia Blue and I never had problems like this with a product released by your company.

What is most frustrating is that those tips like yours above come once the community is really facing a lot of problems. Even your own product Vector elevation corrections, don't work. Yes, you offer a work around but this is like you want to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide and Qantas says, the only way you can do this is via Darwin.

regards

Peter

(very frustrated)

Peter is absolutely correct in his comments - ORBX really should step up to the plate and say sorry for all these challenges.

I use AivlaSoft EFB2 planner on every flight - it now has a problem because of the migration. Their forum indicates that they were never given the opportunity to review the new ORBX Central and if they had some of the current issues would not be there for EFB2

There should have been more testing with users as well as other third party developers.

There also should have been more info as to what to expect as well as the option not to make the move to ORBX Central. For me I simply assumed that this was a positive move and I literally migrated everything over.

To tell us all these things now is the wrong timing. ORBX, you know you have the majority of the sim market, you should value us as respected clients and not your test market.

Obviously I and others will stick with ORBX - we are just saying it was the wrong move.

EDIT - Besides AEC not working Global Lights do not maintain the settings that are configured.

Regards,

Dane

Hello,

there has been an unofficial campaign on various forums to have all addons added to P3D v4 using the xml add-ons method

and Orbx has come in for its fair share of informed and uninformed criticism for not doing this.

It is a little ironic to find a post such as yours pointing out the unintended consequences of this campaign now that the requested

action has been taken, unfortunate that they are.

Are the developers of your product suggesting that they asked for the opportunity to review the new ORBX Central and were refused

or that they simply didn't ask?

Nick,

Moving to the XML way is a good thing.

If only one could take the Orbx folder manually, put it anywhere outside P3Dv4 and point Central 4 to that folder...

Also it would have been very welcome to add a feature that let customers decide where they want what scenery instead of it is decided for you.

Already I have uploaded my scenery.cfg file and addon.xml file in another thread after a request of the C4 developer.

Myself I simply want to order my scenery per country as I want it ( and have it at this moment ).

I now, with FTX C3, have to make a backup with Addon Organizer before opening it, and restore everything after closing it..

In FTX C3 it is now all Orbx scevery, as one large package, at a certain point in the library.

Just let us devide where each addon goes ..,,

regards, Gerard

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi

I went back to FTX Central too

But to avoid issues with Orbx Central I downloaded all again and then deleted the folders created by Orbx Central before starting P3D

All is working perfectly fine, though it took me three days to recover.

Cheers

Carlos

Same here Carlos :(

Hi

I do like Orbx Central, I think the application is very nice and friendly but what I think was missing was information about what would happen once all was migrated and remarking that the application is still under development and constant revision, unstable.

I have the impression Orbx was only caring about Orbx products and simply left others developers out of the game. Why I say this?

Simply, every developer in order to create a scenery needs to "fit" Orbx in textures, colors and even consider Orbx structure (and folders) to be able to install their product.

Now with the migration their products became an "issue" as the structure in which they were based is gone,  resulting in issues in the sim. For example FlightBeam has an amazing  troubleshooter tool that searches for all Orbx bgls that could cause a conflict  and you can simply switch them off by moving a slider, something really nice from them for the user to easily achieve compatibility, a good effort from them to match both products. They did the necessary to make their product compatible with yours and Orbx now simply changes the structure and hang them, as they seemed not to be aware of this, so now all of their products will have conflicts when you run P3D and many users would not know how to fix this. It will be chaotic, and everybody will be lost writing posts here and there and getting frustration.

Thus, this should have been a very explained consequence of the change so people can decide if moving now or holding or at least given details on how to fix all this ( for the less experienced)

I think we wonder is the rest of developers were informed by Orbx that you were going to do this change so they had the chance and time to prepare and do the necessary chances because currently looks like you simple did the change and let everybody hang

I repeat these is all how it looks to me, impressions. Orbx might have indeed advised, but how things look like, give the impression this was not informed and feels weird.

Another important detail is that all products migrated will end in the default product in Orbx Central, what I want to say with this? For example True Earth Netherlands. This product requires manipulation to match Fly Tampa's. So if the product is placed as originally created in Central people must know that they need to go back to the compatibility forum and proceed again as per Holger's instructions to achieve compatibility between both by putting some bgls off etc.

This is all important to know as you are aware in advance of all work required ahead of you after the migration. At least for people who does not have only Orbx products.

I currently don't know yet how Orbx integrated the auto configurator merger tool with the new structure as it seems some autogen of third party is missing. Has this been considered? Does the new structure affect it or not? What to expect?.

I hope you don't misunderstand my text, I'm not angry, I'm not been rude ( I hope) I'm not against Orbx. It seems to me that being Orbx the base of the sim everybody (developers) and products should have been considered as a whole lot, as the sim world is based on Orbx others should not be left out. I say this because no developer has announced any future change, amendment in their products due to new Orbx Central.

Regards,

Carlos

Hello, 

When reading all these posts, I am really surprised that it looks like almost nobody has backups of there systems,

to go back to a working state.

also must say that all major scenery developers have there own way of implementing there products into P3D, so we have bunch of configurators, that all work 

on a different way.

think that not half of scenery developers use this XML way due to various reasons, so we will have these issue as long not every scenery maker use one standard.

In my opinion it should be great that if hopefully when last missing LC areas are released this year,  Lockheed martin should also bring out together with ORBX  a version where Global base, LC and Vector has been already integrated, so everything can be tested on forehand  , and users are not forced to update the simulator manually, which brings many issues looking over de many posts.

I would be happy to pay a bit higher price, and avoid all this issues, and brings our basic simulator immediately on a higher quality level.

rgds, 

Archived