Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Dario

This weekend I traveled to London, landing at the beautiful London City Airport.

I took some shots during the landing phase, and the came to XP11 and looked for the same locations. 

I was amazed at how close to real life this is!!!! Well done ORBX!!! :) 

Hope you like to comparison shots - the real shots were taken with a small cell phone camera, so sorry for the low quality. 

1K0T6bj.jpg

zspvCSL.jpg

miKdo5Y.jpg

JzuJEbm.jpg

XMk3Cvg.jpg

KIuVYyi.jpg

wFchrBN.jpg

Gn0IqXD.jpg

zsHh1hL.jpg

xKEfgxQ.jpg

TeQs5U0.jpg

dGPYDfK.jpg

0Caiuse.jpg

rTOUmhL.jpg

pFp1Khs.jpg

P8vXhek.jpg

lwrpy82.jpg

BR2a9kc.jpg

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You may know I absolutely LOVE real-life-sim-comparison shots - like these, Dario. Thanks for the "work"!

Thank you, @Stillwater ! I don't know how old you are but, in my case, I saw all the generations of flight simulators. in 1998, the MS FS box brought the saying "as real as it gets". At that time, we needed lots of imagination to see that sim world as "real". Not anymore. I confess I was shocked to see how close to reality this thing is! 

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent comparison images Dario.

The reality is so real there is no escape!:lol:

Interesting to see the Dartford Tunnel next to the QE2 Bridge in your RL photo, I didn't realise they were together:huh:

Thank you very much, @VH-KDK! The current level of realism in these sceneries is nothing short of amazing! 

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks for these Dario, they did a great job I would say, and man do I love how close this is to real life.  But I'm very impressed at how you managed to get the same shot as the photos, nicely done!

Thank you very much, Jack! :) When I took the shots, I doubted i would be able to find in XP11 all those shots I took in real life.... but... I think everything was easier just because of the ultra level of realism. Thank again and happy flights! :) 

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice comparison shots Dario, looks pretty darn close! :)

Thank you very much, @adambar ! And you know what? After seeing with my own eyes the level of realism ORBX achieved here, it became an even more pleasurable experience to fly there in the sim. :) Regards!

Archived