big bump at the touchdown spot on 27 at EGLC after update

Avidean

I just spent several minutes taxying around the end of the runway, up to the yellow poles, back to the touchdown area, in and out using the taxiway exit/entry, and I can't detect any sign of a bump.

4 hours ago, Beano said:

Yes, i got a HUGE bump as well on runway 27 at EGLC after update. Makes it Impossible now to takeoff in that direction if you want to use the whole length.

I wanted to test this so just now I used my trusty TBM 900 and departed runway 6 and kept the plane on the runway till I had inches left and took off.  No bump.

So I then came around and landed right on the number 27 and no bump.  I don’t see what you’re seeing, not saying you’re not, it’s just puzzling why this happens to you and not me.

30 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wanted to test this so just now I used my trusty TBM 900 and departed runway 6 and kept the plane on the runway till I had inches left and took off.  No bump.

So I then came around and landed right on the number 27 and no bump.  I don’t see what you’re seeing, not saying you’re not, it’s just puzzling why this happens to you and not me.

Yes it is weird that only some of us is getting this. I should say that this is not the paid version of EGLC from Orbx.

Some pictures:

E52C6965-1ACB-4F87-A092-04BCA232D270.jpeg

62FB69F6-5FE4-46FE-BFF1-B80F9D03BE77.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

VERY interesting, is this Orbx’s EGLC?  I do not have a sloped runway like you show here.

No Jack, this is the version that comes with Xplane 11. It looked great before the update, now its almost unusuable.

I disabled EGLC in the sim and I am seeing the same thing.  It's as though TE GB South has appropriated the mesh correction that is built in to the new EGLC.  Or, as is more likely, XP11 mesh for an airport is a bit of a minefield for developers.

Anyway I'm sure one of the devs will pick this up and have a look.

In the meantime, I just departed from 27 in the C172, what a roller coaster ride!

3 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

@Avidean @Beano

Attached is replacement/modified version of the Scenery Gateway EGLC (default XPlane) which removes the large bump. It is nowhere near as good as the Orbx version, but it will replace your current default version. Just unzip and place in your Custom Scenery folder.

Airport-EGLC.zip 86.57 kB · 1 download

Thank you jjaycee1!

Archived