Cheers

Renault 

Looks like a summer storm is brewing
uoNZnBq.jpg

Guessed that one^_^
1yd9dDe.jpg

Getting a bit bumpy:o
A9yOHTt.jpg

Looking for a good spot to head on down … Clear blue sky and we have lightning :huh:
U9HUzKa.jpg

And away we go ....:D
G46oKB6.jpg

Definitely worse down here ....:(
e5LCM9E.jpg

9 minutes ago, adambar said:

Top-notch set of captures, great job! :)

Thanks Adam

Appreciate it:)

Cheers

R

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These are really good Renault, does XP really have lightning?  I haven't messed with it long enough to find out. Also, does XP have turbulence like P3D does, I mean do the planes bump up and down in rough weather?

Hi Jack

Thanks!

Yes it does on both counts. Sometimes the lighting isn't half bad and sometimes it looks very artificial to me. (Best I remember was from REX in the FSX days).

The turbulence will bounce you out of the sky at times it seems. You really half to be on your game to handle it when it gets rough.

With respect to lightning , you will only see it when you slide the weather slider all the way to the right. To get a lot more lightning  go into the weather settings (customize) and click on the lowest level cloud (overcast cumulous) and change it to "stratus" .

BTW here is an example of a interesting behaviour in XPlane that you may not be aware of.

If you select clear sky , XPlane sets visibility at 40 km.  Which is ok, but as you can see from the screenshot, the general level of lighting is reduced.

If you simply go to customize in weather and change the visibility to maximum (160 km or 100 mi) , you will get a much brighter image.

KAyEykb.jpg

MIUyzrt.jpg

And lastly, weather slider all the way to the right and then go to customize and change lowest cloud level to stratus for a thunderstorm.

En5pjxr.jpg

Archived