Missing waterfountain in Canberra

hello,

first of all: thanks a lot to Graham and all developers to give us such a wonderful piece for flying in our beloved simulator!

Just a small item I recognized: flying over Canbera cityscape I missed the waterfountain in the lake there. I couldn't find anything in the configurator for activating it. Is it intentional vanished or do I have to do anything to have it back?

mfg Kai

And here.  Might have to get Maurizio to have a look.

Three issues I've seen.

1.  The Scrivener Dam wall "extension" is popping up through the scenery but it should be hidden

2.Parliament House is floating, and I think the model needs to be made slightly larger to fit better over the PR

3. The fountain isn't working.

5 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

Maybe our Memorial Jet is still undergoing major repair?

Isn't it amazing how Orbx can detect this and will get it back to us in real time :)

https://the-riotact.com/why-canberra-wont-see-the-captain-cook-memorial-jet-for-several-months/294203

Aussie

Talk about on the ball, well picked up.:)

cheers

Gumby

Ok, i checked but the fountain suppression is caused by some exclude present in AU v2 that i can't know, so to have the fountain back it's necessary a fix in AU v2.

The airport has been patched already to fix the Parliament issue, this is made via its control panel, for the cityscape you have to control as well that the following files present in

D:\Programmi\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YSCB_CITYSCAPE\Scenery

have the extension .OFF, in this way

* Orbx_YSCB_5m_DEM.bgl.OFF

* CVX_Parl_round_ft.BGL.OFF

Please don't make any change manually, otherwise the control panel won't work correctly.

The dam issue is disappeared as well with these changes, anyway i have to say that the mesh around the parliament is not accurate neither with this AU V2 version, so the result is not perfect like with AU v1, because there the mesh was manually corrected . That file was necessary to fit the wrong mesh with a nice view all around the monument.

Thanks Maurizio,

I think can I follow all that. Apply the patches and use the Control panels on both packages. 

I'll give it a go.

Yes, Parliament house presents a problem to scenery designers and mesh correctors. It was built by taking off the top of a hill, erecting the large building and putting the top of the hill back on to cover the central structure. It then depends if the mesh depicts an imaginary surface under the building, or over the top.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2019 at 12:23 PM, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Please don't make any change manually, otherwise the control panel won't work correctly.

hello Maurizio,

in the cp of cityscape there are no items to choice (in ORBX-C), except AU V2. Is that okay?

Kai

Canberra.jpg

15 hours ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Thank you.

I think you can do it meanwhile, 4.06 ist quite stable and useable as long as you don't try to migrate.

Kai

I migrated YSCB and Canberra Cityscape and I don't have any issues with the scenery.

51 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Oh I see;).

I have the same like Nick has, described in #16. Only one option for AUV2 in ORBX central, compared to many more options in FTX central.

Kai

Are you sure?  I don't remember Control Panel options for Canberra Cityscape, only for YSCB.  But I don't have FTXC3 any more so I can't check.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, carlosqr said:

OK, on my side, I'll wait for the fountain back as it is missing for me too

Thanks

Cheers

Carlos

The fountain hasn't been super reliable lately so what you're seeing is accurate half the time anyway :-)

Archived