SW England in GB Sth

macca22au

Screenshot-23-06-2019-8-14-43-PM.png

The Lizard, in the far SW part of England.  I found the native colour of GB Sth just a bit too much but toned it down easily and had a great flight.

Screenshot-23-06-2019-8-29-47-PM.png

The Eddystone Rock and lighthouse, no place in a winter storm.

Screenshot-23-06-2019-8-38-00-PM.png

Did you meet the old man from St Ives

Screenshot-23-06-2019-8-45-59-PM.png

A very prosaic shot of Truro, the major town of the far SW.  It is the seat of the Bishop of Truro.....an uninteresting factoid altogether, except this emphasises a lack, not quite total, of church spires and towers in GB South (exc London of course)...these are a standout landscape feature of England.

Screenshot-23-06-2019-9-31-57-PM.png

And a shot of Bristol. my destination.  Brunel's famous Clifton Suspension Bridge is beautifully made,  but absent is the nearby Bristol Cathedral in the high area of the Old Town.  The Floating Dock on the river, built to avoid the problem of ships lying over on the mud at low tide is again well shown.  This was the origin of the phrase 'All Shipshape and Bristol Fashion' to which we have now given the absolute opposite meaning. Before the dock, the phrase meant mast and ships lying all akimbo on the mud.

Also I couldn't find St John's Redcliffe or its spire...an iconic feature close to the river

Hi Ian

+1 they are very fine indeed

This is some of the finest water/wave rendering I have seen in a long while!

Please tell me it's XPlane and you can share your magic settings:D

But I suspect from your signature that it isn't.. Oh the pain & despair:(

Cheers

R

Archived