Duxford 4th June

Hello,

the weather wasn't very kind but a unique experience for someone

who has never seen more than one C 47 in the same place and never

a DC 3 or a Lisunov Li 2

Here are a few snaps, apologies, I am no photographer.

D.jpg

E.jpg

K.jpg

A.jpg

B.jpg

G.jpg

F.jpg

I.jpg

H.jpg

L.jpg

C.jpg

and one of the inspiration that led to the DC 3.:)

J.jpg

Wot - no ORBX scenery in the shots? ... call the moderator!!! :lol::D:lol:

What an amazing sight it must have been ... and the *sound* ... arrrgh ... I can only imagine. I grew up in Leeds - and DC-3s at Leeds/Bradford (Yeadon in my day) were common - and that distinctive drone is unforgettable. We have one beautiful RNZAF C-47 flying regularly here - a real treat.

No need to apologise for the pics either. Though I can compose a reasonable screenshot in the living room, in RL it's all I can do to even get an aircraft into the frame - let alone have it in focus as well! Sadly, when the light is poor, you don't have much latitude with shutter speeds or depth of field, so I think you did remarkably well. Some real beauties there - but my favourite is that last threesome!

Would love to see more

Adam.

Wonderful pictures, Nick.  My uncle, a fighter instructor who volunteered to pilot a glider on D-Day, said whatever fear he had was pretty much calmed, a least for a while,  when he saw the armada of C-47 exhausts around him on the way over the channel.  He survived D-Day and went to flying Thunderbolts for the rest of the war.

Archived