CTA3 and CSH2 by Larry Isenor

Hi,

I am using FSX and have noticed that Larry has produced some freeware like CTA3 and CSH2 airports (near Quebec City). They were released in the August 2018 pack. I have tried a few times to land at those airports, but they are exactly as they have always been with FSX: no airplanes, no buildings, nothing. Just a rectangular grey runway. I don't know what is going wrong...

Many thanks,

Orbxtreme

I have FTX Central 3, which I assumed did install all the airport packs and Orbx Libraries automatically. My FTX Central 3 does not have a button that I could press to update libraries manually. However I found a section where it was written "verify files". I pressed on it, it downloaded some files. Then I opened FSX and requested to start a flight from CSH2. There was no modification. So for now, there is no trace of the files from Larry. I checked in the scenery library from FSX and found that FTXAA_ORBXLIBS was enabled and at priority 1. What name of files should I check for in the scenery library other than FTXAA_ORBXLIBS ?(so far, every file that is in the scenery library is enabled)

Thanks

There should be files in your ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery file. These would include ADE_FTX_FTXG_CTA3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CSH2 files.

There should be a scenery library entry called FTX_ZZ_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS just below any scenery regions and above the OLC entries.

Larry

1 hour ago, larryisenor said:

There should be files in your ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/Scenery file. These would include ADE_FTX_FTXG_CTA3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CSH2 files.

There should be a scenery library entry called FTX_ZZ_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS just below any scenery regions and above the OLC entries.

Larry

Hi Larry,

The files ADE_FTX_FTXG_CTA3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CSH2 are not visible in my Microsoft Games/Microsoft FSX/Orbx/Ftx Global/FTX_FTXG_Airports/Scenery files. I've got a lot of those files similar to what I am looking for, but nothing for CTA3, CSH2 or CNV9. I verified the dates of the files and the most recent files installed in that directory are dated from  2018-03-23. Yours were from August 2018. No idea why there are no new files starting april 2018. I've always flown FSX and nothing else, and my computer is a few years old. The only thing I can see is with the transition with FTX Central. How can those missing files be added and how can the next new ones be installed automatically? I see a "force migration" on FTX Central, maybe the problem starts from there?

31 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Hi Larry,

The files ADE_FTX_FTXG_CTA3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CSH2 are not visible in my Microsoft Games/Microsoft FSX/Orbx/Ftx Global/FTX_FTXG_Airports/Scenery files. I've got a lot of those files similar to what I am looking for, but nothing for CTA3, CSH2 or CNV9. I verified the dates of the files and the most recent files installed in that directory are dated from  2018-03-23. Yours were from August 2018. No idea why there are no new files starting april 2018. I've always flown FSX and nothing else, and my computer is a few years old. The only thing I can see is with the transition with FTX Central. How can those missing files be added and how can the next new ones be installed automatically? I see a "force migration" on FTX Central, maybe the problem starts from there?

If your files are out of date, it would seem an install of the latest Freeware Airports package would solve the problem, wouldn't it?  Or am I missing something?

I think Stewart is right. If you use FTX Central to uninstall and then reinstall the Global airports this should reinstall the entire list of airports. Perhaps it only updated the latest airports and did not install the complete file. Let me know if this works. If not I will contact Ed to see if he can fix the file.

Larry

My version of FTX Central is 3.3.6.0. In Orbx libraries, I can only press on "verify files". All the other buttons, like "uninstall", are grey and you cannot press on them. When I press on "verify files", FTX Central does a scan and downloads the latest version of the libraries (2019). I have done that twice, then checked the files to see Larry's CTA3 or CSH2. Still nothing, it does not update the ORBX folder.

"If you use FTX Central to uninstall and then reinstall the Global airports" : The "uninstall" button is not "alive"!

Click on the Global Range tab. When you go in Global Range, Global Airport pack should be at the bottom left. If it is not shown in full colour you need to click on it which will take you to the purchase screen (The cost is $0.00) and add it to your basket. Once it is attached to your account you can click to update or download the files. If it is already in full colour you should be able to update or verify the files.

Larry

2 minutes ago, larryisenor said:

Click on the Global Range tab. When you go in Global Range, Global Airport pack should be at the bottom left. If it is not shown in full colour you need to click on it which will take you to the purchase screen (The cost is $0.00) and add it to your basket. Once it is attached to your account you can click to update or download the files. If it is already in full colour you should be able to update or verify the files.

Larry

When I click on the Global Range tab, what I can see in the bottom left is "Orbx Libraries". There is no such thing as "Global Airport" pack visible, even in grey.

If you don't currently have an Orbx account you will need to set one up. This will allow you to download freeware files and purchase Orbx products. You should be able to find information on accounts if you click the Orbx Direct tab at the top of this page.

Larry

Thanks Nick and Larry. Just to say, I already have an account, am already using FTX Central and I have transferred successfully all my sceneries from fltsimstore, including the very old ones that were on a CD. I also buy the new airports using FTX and it works like a charm. The airports I bought are in colours, the ones I did not are in grey. This system also works very well for me. The only glitch is for the Global Airport pack that seems to be missing. Even if it was not free, like Larry says, I would buy it since it adds so much life to the standard FSX airports. I don't know what I am missing, but I am sure missing something...

Nick, you can put this thread in the solved issue. When you retire, if you need someone to solve complex technical problems for ORBX, or simple ones..., you know who you should not reach out to!! :D

Thanks to everyone who added their two cents.

François.

6 hours ago, larryisenor said:

I am happy you have it working. I really enjoyed creating those two airports and like to see people using them.

Larry

You cannot believe how I love this area and those airports you have created, including CNV9. I landed for real in CTA3 with a C-172 and I can tell you that with a slight crosswind and a narrow runway like CTA3 (which has also uneven thresholds) there is not a lot of place for mistakes. First of all, when you are about to land, you don't see how much runway is left ahead (that cannot be replicated with FSX). And it is always nice to taxy to some buildings, see some aircrafts around and sometimes some people. There are several challenging runways in the Quebec area and Montreal area, including CSP5. There, the Ag-Cat pilots sometimes make the approach between the ground and the electrical wires to gain on the landing distance. Very narrow runways mean that as soon as there is a bit of crosswind, it's a whole new ball game!! Thanks a lot Larry, I definitely appreciate your work!

Archived