Updated Orlando

Jack Sawyer

Many thanks to the guys at Orbx for this update.  It's smoother and loads much faster.  Very much resolved and no waiting for textures to load.  Well done!

This flight is from KMCO to around Disney World.

AS4 and ASCA on, ENVTEX in use.

Summer.

jLjO1Wv.jpg

fOeozPb.jpg

h20feln.jpg

HBC5UTx.jpg

n08WWxa.jpg

nzf5sYk.jpg

eFwxVMc.jpg

c9q0QKf.jpg

atQVizb.jpg

mCggqCc.jpg

AE1S3Ch.jpg

PiX6xza.jpg

22 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

There is one for NED too

Thanks for the warning I'll check the announcement

I haven't had a chance to go to the Netherlands and check out the cool new stuff but Orlando is much improved, I don't know how they do it but they do it well Carlos, I think you'll like it.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I haven't had a chance to go to the Netherlands and check out the cool new stuff but Orlando is much improved, I don't know how they do it but they do it well Carlos, I think you'll like it.

I love the scenery as it was launched, though it took long for loading.

I just hope quality in the buildings has not been downgraded, or see many default/basic ones.

I also have Taxi2Gate KMCO and wonder if the update would mess it. I started a topic with this question as it is a little annoying to go through all the process for making them work together.

Boring in a word.

I have them working fine now but I read the update fixes the issue a missing jetways which I solved by putting a bgl off.

While I update NED (which is titanic) will wait for a reply to my Orlando post and if not answered I'll give it a try hoping not to find too many issues between it and KMCO

Cheers

4 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Jack

Am I seeing right?

In picture 5 and 12 has the water two different colors?

There seems to be an invisible line making the water look darker on one side, which should not happen I think.. :unsure:

Yes, I saw that too and deliberately posted it to see if anyone would notice.  Maybe it needs to be fixed? I dunno.

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Looking mighty fine on this Sunday morning Mr. Jack . :D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, now I’m trying to figure out this UWXP but will have to shut down in a few minutes as we’re expecting extremely dangerous thunderstorms and tornadoes.

Just now, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack I hope the bad storms pass quick.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain, I hope so too.  We get a lot of tornadoes at this time of year.  One took off my shingles years ago.

Glad you liked the shots, they did a great job improving Orlando!

Super Shots Jack , I like them all :)

Just Out of curiosity , why do you lock your frames at 30 ?  If you set them to Unlimited you will get better frames ! ( At least in my case I have them set to Unlimited ) .

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Super Shots Jack , I like them all :)

Just Out of curiosity , why do you lock your frames at 30 ?  If you set them to Unlimited you will get better frames ! ( At least in my case I have them set to Unlimited ) .

Thanks Mike!  Why do I lock them?  I saw something a while ago that it was better to.  I used to have them unlimited.  I guess I can change t back and see what happens.  I think I might have done that to increase smoothness?  Not sure.

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mike!  Why do I lock them?  I saw something a while ago that it was better to.  I used to have them unlimited.  I guess I can change t back and see what happens.  I think I might have done that to increase smoothness?  Not sure.

Ok Jack ! Pls let me know how it goes !

Sometimes with Unlimited , eventhough I get higher frames , I experience Autogen Rendering issues and blurries , and sometimes Not !

If I lock them at 30 frames ( I read somewhere it is better at 31 ) I get a Not So Smooth flying , but I don't have any Rendering issues and almost No blurries !

This is very weird , and I am confused , whether I have to Lock my frames or Not !

Mike

p.s. I just post my issue into Lockheed Martin Prepar3DV4 Support forum :)

4 minutes ago, mikee said:

Ok Jack ! Pls let me know how it goes !

Sometimes with Unlimited , eventhough I get higher frames , I experience Autogen Rendering issues and blurries , and sometimes Not !

If I lock them at 30 frames ( I read somewhere it is better at 31 ) I get a Not So Smooth flying , but I don't have any Rendering issues and almost No blurries !

This is very weird , and I am confused , whether I have to Lock my frames or Not !

Mike

p.s. I just post my issue into Lockheed Martin Prepar3DV4 Support forum :)

Hi Mike, this jogs my memory, I think someone came up with 31 frames along with using Nvidia Inspector set to double that or something.  I'm not even close to that level of understanding this, I like to fly and can navigate all day in tubeliners, but when it comes to settings I'm totally lost. :huh:

#8 and #10 bring back memories!

1 hour ago, mikee said:

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Locking frames does two things:

• Gives an appropriate FPS for your screen to handle. FPS should match (+/- 10%) or be set at a fraction of your monitor refresh rate to avoid config stutters.
  • Redirects the resource usage on your PC. Instead of trying to maintain the highest number of FPS possible, more processing time is given to scenery drawing, gauge refresh, 'eye candy', etc. through FFTF...

'Fiber Frame Time Fraction' is the the maximum amount of time per frame that we will run fiber jobs on the primary thread. At unlimited frames FFTF is reduced to 0.1, but when frames are locked the FFTF is set to the default of 0.33. This explains why some complain about lack of smoothness when locking framerates, what is actually happening is more CPU processing is given to calling up the scenery to avoid blurries, terrain morphing and autogen popping.

That said, if you choose appropriate settings for your PC's capabilities, you can reduce the likelihood of suffering the dreaded 'pauses' with locked framerates. By not having your PC attempt to smash out 60+ FPS in demanding areas, and because more CPU time is given to loading detail, your PC will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the scenery and 'pause'.

There are many detailed threads about locking frames and FFTF on other forums and there's even a utility which gives dynamically variable FFTF during a sim session - well worth reading up on and investigating. Hope you find this a helpful starting point.

2 minutes ago, F737NG said:

• Gives an appropriate FPS for your screen to handle. FPS should match (+/- 10%) or be set at a fraction of your monitor refresh rate to avoid config stutters.
  • Redirects the resource usage on your PC. Instead of trying to maintain the highest number of FPS possible, more processing time is given to scenery drawing, gauge refresh, 'eye candy', etc. through FFTF...

'Fiber Frame Time Fraction' is the the maximum amount of time per frame that we will run fiber jobs on the primary thread. At unlimited frames FFTF is reduced to 0.1, but when frames are locked the FFTF is set to the default of 0.33. This explains why some complain about lack of smoothness when locking framerates, what is actually happening is more CPU processing is given to calling up the scenery to avoid blurries, terrain morphing and autogen popping.

That said, if you choose appropriate settings for your PC's capabilities, you can reduce the likelihood of suffering the dreaded 'pauses' with locked framerates. By not having your PC attempt to smash out 60+ FPS in demanding areas, and because more CPU time is given to loading detail, your PC will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the scenery and 'pause'.

There are many detailed threads about locking frames and FFTF on other forums and there's even a utility which gives dynamically variable FFTF during a sim session - well worth reading up on and investigating. Hope you find this a helpful starting point.

Thanks Mike but I really doubt I have the time or patience to learn about FFTF, it's all ancient Mesopotamian to me.  I wish I had someone near me who could explain all this stuff to me.  I really have no idea what they're saying here,  do they advocate FOR locked frames or unlimited?  With either setting I get these exactly 10 second long pauses in P3D.  I timed them a million times, in certain areas like California or PNW I get 10 second pauses, so I sit there looking at the seconds sweep hand on my clock and wait for the ten seconds to be up.  I'm just used to it.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Mike, this jogs my memory, I think someone came up with 31 frames along with using Nvidia Inspector set to double that or something.  I'm not even close to that level of understanding this, I like to fly and can navigate all day in tubeliners, but when it comes to settings I'm totally lost. :huh:

Ha ha same here :)B)

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Thank you Very much for your detail explanation , much appreciated :)

Mike

Archived