XP around Sumburgh

Jack Sawyer

Just now, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shots Jack. Getting the hang of xp. But them poor inhabitants of Sumburgh ain't ever going to be the same.:DWhat a take off, wowB):lol::D

Thanks Karl.  They told me they all pooled their money to have me come over and do this after seeing my screenshots at Orbx! :lol:

5 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Some great shots Jack, and a pretty short take off for that big gal

Looks like you're getting XP set up nicely now though :)

Thanks Terry, I’m making a flight in P3D to settle my nerves.  It started out in the early evening from KMIA to Princess Julianna but now it’s dark so no shots for this flight.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  Working very hard on this.  Next thing I need to do is assign all my things I use in P3D to the same in XP.  I found a list and printed it out of all key commands in XP.

33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

An impressive set Jack and I like the shade of blue on your 744.

Nice to see you in the Piper too, a wonderful plane to fly.

Thanks Martyn.  Just testing the 747 to see how it compares to P3D, the same flight physics as far as I can tell, and this plane was full of fuel.  I have no idea yet on how to add/remove fuel.  And that Piper was recommended by JV.

5 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Awesome stuff Jack, time to set up XVision to fix those water textures, I use waves 1

cheers

Thanks Ken!  I bought UXWP the other day, finally got ASXP t work thanks to the great support from HiFi and now as soon as I get a chance I'll install it.  I like the document in it where it shows you all the different sets.  I'll keep this email and have a look at Waves 1.  Cheers!

Just now, Ken Hall said:

UWXP sorry for the confusion

XVision does have a water glitter and beam width but UWXP has the water texture to replace that repetitive default one

Thanks Ken, I have yet to install it, I need to look at something like four videos first that explain it.

As I just posted to Lawrence, why is it that when I made five or so keyboard assignment changes and reboot the sim doesn’t remember what I changed them to?  It reverts back to default.  This is totally unacceptable.

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Never had that Jack, maybe if you can find the file that the control settings are saved to and back that up, best check out the Xplane.org forums 1st.

Thanks Ken, wouldn't even know where to begin to find this.

I have noticed something though.  I had set up some keyboard keys and used them on a test flight.  Then I quit XP, and the next day I ran xVision.  When I next ran XP I saw that my keyboard keys I had assigned had reverted back to default.  So as a test I changed them back and it was fine, quit XP and ran it again and they stayed the way I wanted them.  I wonder if xVision had something to do with it.  I'll have to post on their forum when I get a chance.

great shots Jack, amazing takeoff.....re fuel, on some planes it's via the top left dropdown menu and on others it's via a cinfiguration tool or built in EFB, I thin the FFA320 has that...not flown it in a while...

5 minutes ago, wain71 said:

great shots Jack, amazing takeoff.....re fuel, on some planes it's via the top left dropdown menu and on others it's via a cinfiguration tool or built in EFB, I thin the FFA320 has that...not flown it in a while...

Thanks Wayne.  This was just the default 747.  On some payware planes I see these REALLY annoying white arrows on the left side of the screen, I detest that and there's no way I can see to get rid of them, and the Carenado is worse, it has three of them on the left side.  I don't need that, why couldn't they have put them in the menu? This ruins the Orbx scenery because my eye keeps getting drawn to those stupid things.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne.  This was just the default 747.  On some payware planes I see these REALLY annoying white arrows on the left side of the screen, I detest that and there's no way I can see to get rid of them, and the Carenado is worse, it has three of them on the left side.  I don't need that, why couldn't they have put them in the menu? This ruins the Orbx scenery because my eye keeps getting drawn to those stupid things.

on Just Flight planes you place mouse over arrow and scroll wheel up or down to make them disappear....on some, like Xlife for example you set it up then go to top menu, plugins and turn the menu off, but I do agree some a very annoying...

2 minutes ago, wain71 said:

on Just Flight planes you place mouse over arrow and scroll wheel up or down to make them disappear....on some, like Xlife for example you set it up then go to top menu, plugins and turn the menu off, but I do agree some a very annoying...

Thanks!  I'll try this today.

Archived