EGHP Popham Airfield XP11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Mark Halliwell said:

I always crane my neck to see if that Antonov is there when I’m driving past on the A303.

Mark - sadly, that Antonov has long since gone. I haven't seen it there now probably for at least a year. I can't see them having flown it out as I understand it wasn't airworthy. They must have dismantled it and shipped it out on a lorry. At the bank holiday air displays, they used to start up the engine for the crowds, but I never saw them taxi it around. Not sure where it's gone either! It was parked up there at Popham for literally ages - I reckon at least 15 years!

Popham used to be a major microfright (sic) aviation centre where you would see 30 or 40 microfrights parked up there, but when the ownership changed hands, all of them disappeared. Lately at the bank holiday airshows, there have been quite a few autogyros turning up - bit of a resurgence in those it appears! I know all this because it's almost my local airfield (Thruxton is actually closer to me).

• 2 weeks later...

@John Venema - just thought that I should point out the fact that the garage shown on the London side of the A303 in the recently released Popham airfield scenery upgrade is at right angles to the actual garage in the real world. If you stop at that particular garage for fuel, then your car would be sitting parallel to the A303. In this Orbx scenery, the pumps are positioned at 90 degrees to where they should be.

Just thought that I should let you know. Perhaps this anomaly could be corrected in any future update?

Archived