Thank you Renault

John Lovell

Using Renault's Xvision preset 'Natural Colour'

Works very well with my set up. Though I don't think the 'post processing' effects get captured in screenshots as it looked much more vibrant in the sim.

Thanks Renault for this amazing preset solution. He are a few from the Lake District

Car_Bonanza_20.thumb.jpg.3e7ec2a001d754e5f15e732d2760341b.jpg

Car_Bonanza_19.thumb.jpg.36c7c93086ada4fc445875240cc011b4.jpg

Car_Bonanza_17.thumb.jpg.746596ee24281cbde5e3db296d3147ca.jpg

Car_Bonanza_15.thumb.jpg.52b184ce9ce09b84565c3c68b7085e77.jpg

Car_Bonanza_12.thumb.jpg.6bf6cfe84dc5cc5f13e38339aa61bee8.jpg

Car_Bonanza_10.thumb.jpg.b9f9d79bcc8f5dccd91165970b28b196.jpg

Car_Bonanza_8.thumb.jpg.45e9ddb41886ccd41c528e2ecae58075.jpg

Car_Bonanza_26.thumb.jpg.daf96e71638e0637c5c897b223d62eb8.jpg

Car_Bonanza_24.thumb.jpg.2e77b98236074de2e7474d65921cee0f.jpg

Car_Bonanza_23.thumb.jpg.2a2d89e83ac23caff15204a79838feb2.jpg

Car_Bonanza_22.thumb.jpg.5bf5ebe4a6ecbdfb2f5cf28d28a1e8fa.jpg

Car_Bonanza_21.thumb.jpg.455d1cbbf7349c3293b42ae344ee0b3b.jpg

You are very welcome John

I am very pleased that you are enjoying it.:)

One thing that I have noticed (and I actually thought it was just on my machine) was that on the version of XPlane I am using (11.31r1) there definitely seemed to be

a difference between using a screen capture utility and using XPlane's built in screen capture system. 

It may have something to do with the new shaders. I remember back in the old FSX days I was using DSR to get around some of the fps loss from using the built in antialiasing that I could not find a screencapture utility that would work with the DSR resolution, even though a number were recommended to me by fellow members.  The screen capture utilities captured at the monitor resolution , not the DSR resolution. The only thing that did work was to use FSX built in system.  

It was subtle change in XPlane , and to be fair, for the longest time I thought it was a 'placebo' effect , but I actually now am using the built in system (I mapped the shift /spacebar to my "V" key just for old times sake :D)

Cheers

R

1 minute ago, renault said:

You are very welcome John

I am very pleased that you are enjoying it.:)

One thing that I have noticed (and I actually thought it was just on my machine) was that on the version of XPlane I am using (11.31r1) there definitely seemed to be

a difference between using a screen capture utility and using XPlane's built in screen capture system. 

It may have something to do with the new shaders. I remember back in the old FSX days I was using DSR to get around some of the fps loss from using the built in antialiasing that I could not find a screencapture utility that would work with the DSR resolution, even though a number were recommended to me by fellow members.  The screen capture utilities captured at the monitor resolution , not the DSR resolution. The only thing that did work was to use FSX built in system.  

It was subtle change in XPlane , and to be fair, for the longest time I thought it was a 'placebo' effect , but I actually now am using the built in system (I mapped the shift /spacebar to my "V" key just for old times sake :D)

Cheers

R

I use Gadwin PrintScreen.This allows you to capture exactly what you see on your screen.

1 minute ago, FILOU said:

I use Gadwin PrintScreen.This allows you to capture exactly what you see on your screen.

Hi FILOU

Thanks for this.

Yes , I remember this from  several years ago in a topic that you posted. I have it and tried it again . What is most peculiar is that it doesn't "work" on my system for some very odd reason.  

By "work" I mean that I see a subtle difference between using the built in screencapture and an external one.  I can't explain it.

I liked Gadwin a lot - it is a very good product, don't get me wrong. And your recommendations are always spot on, and you've never led me astray  - I  just can't make it work pour moi :(

Cheers

R

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I want ya'll to know it's all YOU guys' fault I'm now spending money on XP, a new drive, and ALL of Orbx's stuff!!!!! :huh::lol:

Agreed Jack...... I've already laid the blame on my recent shift to XPlane to both FILOU and Renault; Laminar should be paying those guys for their awesome screenshots ;) 

Terry

• 1 year later...

Archived