ANZ in California

Jack Sawyer

55 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm sorry Martyn but I just don't "get it".  I have never watched this sport so I don't really have a clue what they're doing.  To me it looks like something out of Lord Of The Rings with the bad guys chanting like that, that's all I get out of it.

Jack, the Haka is a Maori warrior display of intimidation towards their enemies. The good guys are the 'All Blacks' . NZ national team.  Makes our football players look like pansies.

I like your pictures of the flight.  (You were in SD last Tuesday, weren't you?);)

3 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Jack, the Haka is a Maori warrior display of intimidation towards their enemies. The good guys are the 'All Blacks' . NZ national team.  Makes our football players look like pansies.

I like your pictures of the flight.  (You were in SD last Tuesday, weren't you?);)

Thanks for clarifying that JM.  I had absolutely no idea what the heck they were doing.  By SD you mean South Dakota?  Nope, nowhere near it.  Don't think I've ever been there in the sim and never there in real life.

29 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Hey Martyn these guys stole that from the Mule Team we perform the Haka before each flight.:rolleyes::DAnd Jack those are beautiful shots and a beautiful KIWI livery. Well done.

Thanks Karl!  You changed you picture so I almost didn’t recognize you! :)

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Karl!  You changed you picture so I almost didn’t recognize you! :)

Yep. But the guy in the left seat ain't me. I didn't want you guys to see my bald spot:angry: so I asked him to sit in for me. Also too much reflection off my head when the flash goes off:rolleyes::D

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Hey Martyn these guys stole that from the Mule Team we perform the Haka before each flight.:rolleyes::DAnd Jack those are beautiful shots and a beautiful KIWI livery. Well done.

That would be real scary Karl.:ph34r:

Whatever yo do though, if you are carrying passengers don't do it in the middle of the flight.:o:ph34r::lol:

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:
23 hours ago, jean marc said:

and they wun - "ils les ont mangés tout crus:lol:

Wish I knew what this meant Jean Marc :huh:

:P "ils les ont mangés tout crus" = "they have eaten them fully raw" = they easily win (the Kiwis team against the French after the Haka - final 2011) :)

6 hours ago, jean marc said:

:P "ils les ont mangés tout crus" = "they have eaten them fully raw" = they easily win (the Kiwis team against the French after the Haka - final 2011) :)

Thanks Jean Marc.  They really take their sport very seriously don't they?  I could never understand sports.  Here in the USA people go crazy for college teams but all their really doing is rooting for "laundry" (shirts) because every year the teams changes when the seniors graduate and are replaced.  I could never understand the desire to watch. 

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They really take their sport very seriously don't they?  I could never understand sports.  Here in the USA people go crazy for college teams but all their really doing is rooting for "laundry" (shirts) because every year the teams changes when the seniors graduate and are replaced.  I could never understand the desire to watch. 

I am not too a sports enthusiast but I had pleasure to follow our soccer belgian team a few time during the June/July world wide cup ... and Haka performance is great to see B)

Archived