Massive Problems with True Earth England South

Drmerlin

I am tearing what little hair I have left out.

I have a high spec system which, until I installed this software, ran flawlessly. I have an i-7 7700 processor, 1080ti graphics card, 2TB SSD hard-drive, 32GB DDR4 memory. The system drives a 4K projector and one monitor screen. With most sliders maxed out I get frames rates of between 60 and 220! However, I limit the frames to around 35.

When I take off (e.g. from East Midlands) everything works perfectly and the scenery looks incredible. However as the flight progresses, the scenery becomes increasingly blurry until, at my destination it  is unusable. Furthermore, I have long system hangs (20 to 30 seconds). If I go to the graphics page in P3D44 and change anything (it does not matter what I alter or in what direction), the amended settings can take 6 to 10 minutes to load. Sometimes P3D crashes but, on those occasions when it does return to the flight, everything is perfect and I have my detailed scenery back.... for a while.

Yesterday, I even tried sliding everything on P3D to minimums... everything was turned off and I reduced the resolution to HD. I flew with all airports turned off and without Active Skies... None of this made a scrap of difference.

When I checked the task manager, I see that my CPU is running at 100%... it never reduces. The GPU is running at around 30%. In other words the software is causing some kind of bottleneck in the CPU regardless of my settings.

It looks as though the scenery simply stops loading after the initial load...

Yesterday I asked a colleague (who build full sized flight simulators for a living) to look at my system. He has a computer with fewer resources than mine and is running Orbx True Earth South without any issues at all. Like me, he was completely stumped.

I have enclosed some photographs of what I see... This was my approach into Bristol Airport (EGGD) on a short flight from East Midlands (EGNX)... Those black splurges are Bristol Airport!!!!

I had no alternative but to uninstall the software last night. I am gutted as I would LOVE to get this running properly.

I would be grateful for some help with this.

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

Yesterday I asked a colleague (who build full sized flight simulators for a living) to look at my system. He has a computer with fewer resources than mine and is running Orbx True Earth South without any issues at all. Like me, he was completely stumped.

We would likely be stumped as well, without knowing what is causing your CPU to be saturated like that.

If TE Netherlands is running well enough then you'd have to suspect a conflict of coding.  So you've unticked every scenery layer in your Scenery Library except the default entries and TE GB Sth and Orbx Libs?  If not try that.

Also, you can go in to the Scenery Library and untick just one of the 4 TE GB Sth layers at a time to see if the CPU 100%  issue is solved (obviously the scenery will display wrongly but that's just part of the investigation.

My hunch is another scenery layer or a combination of them is causing the problem hence my suggestion to try just running the basic P3D program plus TE GB South, all other non default sceneries disabled.

Tried disabling all scenery except for Orbx. Have made sure graphics drivers are up to date. Makes no difference whatsoever. 

I have now spent 5 days on this and nothing has worked. The problem seems to be with Orbx England... True Earth Netheraldns and everything else works just fine...

I too am having this exact issue. In fact, it seems to affect all other scenery too. For example, when flying from EGGD to LFPG yesterday, I had the same scenery loading issue when descending into Paris; had blurries and no airport scenery (until I forced P3D to load it by fiddling with a graphics setting). It was almost as if the sim had used all its effort loading TEGB on departure and didn't have the energy to load anything more!

Upon flying the return, back to blurries again in the UK. 

This issue seems to have been highlighted by many people, and some people have come up with possible ways of fixing it. Yet there is nothing firm from Orbx themselves other than pointing us towards other peoples suggestions (which don't work).

There is clearly a problem with the scenery which Orbx needs to fix, and quickly; otherwise there are going to be a lot of disgruntled customers.

Ok that one line I take back.

One wonders what the point is in reducing your settings right down to a bare minimum in order to run this successfully? It isn't in the manual, and nor are any recommended system requirements (I was looking for these prior to purchase but decided to take the plunge and hope for the best).

This still doesn't explain why TEGB is affecting the loading of any subsequent scenery once you've left the UK.

Might I also add that from reading previous responses, including the one above; it seems that you all need to work on your customer service skills as many of you are coming across as rude/blunt in responses to paying customers.

If there isn't some sort of official fix soon then I shall be seeking a refund. 

Thank you for your customer service advice.

These are private forums and yet for your first post you have chosen this tone of approach.

Yet there is nothing firm from Orbx themselves other than pointing us towards other peoples suggestions (which don't work).

There is clearly a problem with the scenery which Orbx needs to fix, and quickly; otherwise there are going to be a lot of disgruntled customers.

If there isn't some sort of official fix soon then I shall be seeking a refund. 

If you were to read on, you would also see that there is to be a control panel for the product.

Photo scenery is loaded by the simulator wherever it is and will therefore continue

to affect the simulator even when no longer on the screen.

Maybe that control panel ought to have been ready for when the product was released?

I've taken this tone as an unhappy customer, which doesn't seem to phase you. One can only assume that customer satisfaction is not at the top of your agenda. 

My previous stance was to avoid Orbx like the plague, perhaps I should've stuck with that. 

11 minutes ago, Colin David Hodds said:

RTX 2080 has 8 gig vram I suspect JV has 1080TI SLI I cannot compete on vram  even with  on paper a better card.I wanted to buy a 1080TI but could not source one and could not afford the 2080TI. So I got best I could afford in London feels worse than my old 1070 .

I think JV runs a titan X.  But nevertheless I run a 2080ti and I've not yet seen the VRAM useage go above 7Gb

Nick incredible fly towards London from Southampton over egll stock that is and system tanks dipped to 6fps at one point with JV settings stutters like mad does not recover till past the dome please post complete settings and I will happily try them maybe it is the 2080 that does not like something  in London but not Great over Southampton I will try them post a screenshot of fps if still bad . My 2080 showed 100 per cent usage  ,max cram and processor pretty maxed out.

Cannot try till Thursday though plane is da62 complex but same as jv

Archived