TE GB for IFR Pilots

MatthiasKNU

Hello everyone!

I don't often write here in the forum, but today I just have to!

Maybe it is interesting for others too...

I am only flying IFR, and I love projects like TE GB. I was so surprised about what TE NL did, so TE GB was a must-buy.

One thing I can recommend all IFR-Pilots which are flying fps-heavy aircraft:

Disable all *3DM* files in the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY-folder.

This will solve the problem with the long loading times and give a few fps.

You will just see the autogen buildings and POIs, but I think for most of us this is sufficient.

And the best: With TE GB the fps are better than with openLC EU.

I can't tell you how happy I was to be approaching Gatwick today!

Have a nice sunday evening everyone!

Kind regards!

Matthias

On 2/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, MatthiasKNU said:

The City-building-models are in these files, so you will miss the city models.

Anyway, the POIs won't be affected, and the cities will have autogen, so for IFR-flying it is absolutely sufficient (IMO).

What a sensible post, thank you!

I once asked an airline Captain how much he admired the scenery he was flying over and he said "not with our female cabin crew!"

I think he must've been "task-saturated",

Interesting post. I turned down buildings and vegetation to normal, had no traffic of any kind and struggled to get it smooth in rural areas, just to try it I loaded into EGBB and got 5.6 fps slide show. Totally un usable, never had this bad performance with any orbx scenery or even horizon genx photo scenery with treescapes, which horizon I can get steady locked 32 fps with buildings and vegetation on very dense.

Might try your recommendation to see how how it performs.

I am hoping that the control panel will provide direct control over the 3DM files (which seem to be the ones that contain all of those 3D scenery objects that are not POIs or autogen). These files are the ones that tank framerates to a massive extent on my PC. If it is true that these objects were built because of limitations with the autogen system, then LM really needs to sort this out. If all (or most) of those 3DM file objects were autogen, I suspect that almost everyone would be able to run TrueEarth GB South at high detail levels.

A Final note in my case I can't upgrade hardware I am at the highest level.

To lower the setting does not allow me to fly VFR over London

I will wait for the new P3D v4.5 which identified the problem of scenery loading and is in BETA now.

Hopefully this will correct the problem. In the mean time I will enjoy the country side in TE South England.

Archived