BUG REPORT - TE GBS P3D First impression and Blackfriers Bridges

antonvs

Been immersed in TE GB South for a couple of days and am amazed by the amount of work that has gone into this product. Around london I have been battling to get my Frame rate above 10 but accept that this will be because of my aging system (6 years) but likely to be my graphics card in particular.

The two things (not much, I know) I can report an issue with around London are

1. Both the Blackfriers Road and Rail bridges are missing (Traffic can be seen acting like hovercraft across the Thames)

2. There are floating buildings along the North Bank of the Thames just West of Blackfriers Bridge (or where it should be) on Victoria embankment near Temple Avenue.

I notice that there is a new billboard in Piccadilly Circus advertising an amazing Flightsim Company.

16 hours ago, antonvs said:

Around london I have been battling to get my Frame rate above 10 but accept that this will be because of my aging system (6 years)

Nop, we are all having some kind of slow rendering in London

Too much stuff...

Ben

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - TE GBS P3D First impression and Blackfriers Bridges

Hi Guys,

I hate to say it again but I can't help but think that TEGB South for P3D is very poor compared to the X-Plane version, of which I have the entire UK. I am wondering if X-Plane is just a better product than P3D as I also tried TE Netherlands for P3D and was equally disappointed. 

I am in no way saying the product is bad. I fly X-Plane almost every day and the latest TEGB North is amazing in VR. Flying around the Scottish Highlands is something else but, again, back to my point, TEGB for P3D is just not doing it for me. If I hadn't got the discount for owning the X=-Plane version then I would have been sorely disappointed. I only bought the P3D version so I could use REX SkyForce but, alas, I will have to wait for REX to release for my trusty X-Plane.

Maybe my expectations are too high but sorry guys, for me it isn't having the same WOW effect...

The first 2 pictures are P3d and the second 2 X-Plane. It just seems like there is so much more happening in X=Plane and the graphics just look so much better. I think the trees in P3D look really false and maybe this is having a massive effect on the overall P3D version.

Regards

EdmundV

P3D 001.jpg

P3D 002.jpg

XP 001.jpg

XP 002.jpg

Edmund V

You know what, at this moment in time I agree.  I have purchased all TE regions for X-plane and they are fab. It looks so real.  I have just purchased TE South for P3D and I don't find it so convincing - almost cartoon like compared to x-plane.  This is no criticism of ORBX who are brill, and I will continue to be a loyal customer. But at the moment X-plane together with ORBX does it for me!

However, I still need to adjust and tweak P3D perhaps.  Fun times.   But I'm about to go and purchase Damys Hall for x-plane :o)

Pete

petehowell57

11 hours ago, petehowell57 said:

I have just purchased TE South for P3D and I don't find it so convincing - almost cartoon like compared to x-plane.

I just turned Autogen Vegetation Density to 'none' and the scenery is transformed. I can now fly high in the clouds (REX SkyForce) with fantastic scenery below and, although there are none of the above trees, the photoreal scenery gives me the look I want and, with the Autogen Building Density set to Extremely Dense it gives me the opportunity to fly all my FSX (P3D compatible) and P£D aircraft in beautiful VR with fantastic cloud formations and fantastic ORBX TrueEarth scenery below..

Now, if ORBX could just sort out the 'cartoon' looking trees and vegetation then TEGB South for P3D would be up there alongside the other platform releases. I say this as I also have TE Netherlands for AF2 and that is also superb, if not a little flat....

Now for some aircraft installations into my recently re-installed P3D folder...…...

Regards

EdmundV

EdmundV

What spec machine are you using for Xplane? 

I find the P3D version amazing but don't yet have Xplane. Unfortunately, I have the same problem everyone else has at the moment and that is very bad stutters and poor frame rate with almost any (sensible) setting in P3D (forget Sparse, there so little there its not much point). I can just about manage at 20-25fps above 3000 ft (but still regular dips to 10) but once I attempt to land things get really uncoordinated! This even applies out in the Bedfordshire suburbs.

I am still experimenting with settings but serious thinking of shifting to Xplane if frame rates and stutters are better.

My machine isn't bad by any means, Windows 10 (all services and startup programs minimised), water cooled I7700K at 5GHz (all cores), 32G DDR4, all SSD. Resource manager shows all 8 cores flat out at 1000%.  

Cheers

Steve

armchairsimmer,

Do it... X-Plane is so much better and smoother, especially with TrueEarthGB. I have i7-700 @ 4.2GHz, 32GB DDR4 and a GTX1080Ti. It runs 40-50+ frames in X-Plane with everything almost full on and in 4K. VR is absolutely amazing and the only thing lacking in X-Plane, and stopping me from ditching P3D, is the lack of support for REX SkyForce at the minute. I love flying in the clouds and X-Plane just hasn't got it yet so, until REX release SkyForce for X-Plane, which they will sooner or later, I have to use P3D for higher altitude flying.

So, if you love ORBX and TrueEarthGB, then definitely invest in X-Plane. You will not be disappointed and X-Plane has all of England, Scotland and more, already released... The Scottish Highlands in VR is something to behold..

This video was recorded through my GTX1080Ti software and just shows how smooth the software runs...Make sure you watch in 1080HD...

Regards

EdmundV

PS. There is a moving carrier fleet around the coast of the UK and, yes, you can land on the carrier if you have enough skill....The one in this video is static and has nowhere near as much detail as the animated one.

Walton Bridge, Richmond Lock, and Teddington Lock footbridges are also missing.
Every other bridge (except the Blackfriars road and rail ones) until I gave up looking at Walton are represented. Most are custom 3D modelled.

Waterloo, Westminster, Lambeth, Vauxhall, Wandsworth, Fulham rail and Putney Bridges don't reach the river banks, either at all or have an unconvincing extra portion of road or rail added to make them reach.

Tower Bridge has 3 buildings that encroach, circled in red in the pic.

pfPOVkp.png

It seems strange to make a concerted effort to make these look good, to only slap-dash the finish.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, petehowell57 said:

Edmund V

You know what, at this moment in time I agree.  I have purchased all TE regions for X-plane and they are fab. It looks so real.  I have just purchased TE South for P3D and I don't find it so convincing - almost cartoon like compared to x-plane.  This is no criticism of ORBX who are brill, and I will continue to be a loyal customer. But at the moment X-plane together with ORBX does it for me!

However, I still need to adjust and tweak P3D perhaps.  Fun times.   But I'm about to go and purchase Damys Hall for x-plane :o)

Pete

Interesting.  I find the direct opposite.  X Plane to me looks like the cartoon version!  Anyway each to their own.

Archived