Southend to Heathrow (almost)

andy1252

(Edited to add - all 4k, best seen maxed out)

OK, first trip around my current home town was good, so back to my spiritual home - Sarfend! Looks a lot greener than I remember it

JMehOeG.jpg

Heading up past Leigh-on-Sea, still way more trees than I remember

Z42uOvC.jpg

Looking back towards the old place

SOAjMtP.jpg

Heading up over Dr Feelgood territory

DUlJuqb.jpg

Already much more stuttery than my previous flight, and suddenly I can hear "there may be trouble, ahead" playing in my mind

m92twVI.jpg

Stuttering so much now the keyboard/stick input is being missed - finding it hard to keep any sort of control (in fact, actually ended up doing a couple of loops - Jack would be proud of me)

vOE6Zo2.jpg

Managed to get back under control eventually

6Tbsa6v.jpg

Plugging on, but we're in a real slide-show by now, and a slow one at that. But as I've said many a time here, for me it's all about the view rather than the flight, so I persevered for a bit longer

qzAMx9V.jpg

And the views are pretty spectacular!

ZdD6ONt.jpg

ZdNeztL.jpg

Pushing on towards Heathrow

0R3THFW.jpg

And you can see it in the distance, blacked out boxes where my machine is giving up the attempts to draw

uWgMHyy.jpg

And round about here it just got too painful, and I exited. I was running with no allowances for the scenery though, with everything pretty much maxed out as I usually have it, so I will experiment and see if I can make it workable on my system. If I have to dial it back so much that it loses its visual impact though, I shall just accept that for now I can only fly TE GB in these built up areas in XP - which is no hardship at all.

Meantime, I will try some more flights away from the big city and see how I get on.

(none of this is in any way a complaint about the product. I think it's great, but I may just need a bigger boat! (thank you Mr Dreyfuss)

Indeed spectacular views Andy, and good to read you learned Jack´s style of flying as well.

Plus, to be honest, I appreciate it to read which specs and settings reach their limits with all the toys we are able to add nowadays. Makes me hesitate... :unsure:, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed spectacular views Andy, and good to read you learned Jack´s style of flying as well.

Plus, to be honest, I appreciate it to read which specs and settings reach their limits with all the toys we are able to add nowadays. Makes me hesitate... :unsure:, thanks!

Hi Gerold, I just found this thread.  I like Doug and Nick]s advice, gonna try it later today.

Archived