KJAC Taxiway Lights/Signage Disappearing

Chunk

Just started noticing that when I taxi from the ramp to the taxiway, the lights/signage on the taxiway disappear.  I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, as I searched for a solid hour looking for the same issue.

Here are the before and after shots...

KJAC1.jpg

KJAC2.jpg

Nick, will someone else have a look at this, or will it just stay active/unresolved unless someone else reports it?  I'm not asking for an immediate fix, just wondering how the support process works.

Thanks!

Nope, they disappear in the summertime as well.  As soon as I leave the ramp and get to the taxiway, poof, they're gone.  David Copperfield is really driving me crazy with this.  ;)

It's not the end of the world, but I would like to eventually have a fix.

Thanks again Nick.

Do you use any camera/view related add-ons? 

I only ask as at some airports we make them as large single models which have a single reference point, and if this goes out of view it can make the object disappear (it should also reappear once the point comes back into view) , I've not experienced any of these issues myself (but also don't use any camera add-ons) , but recall it being an issue a few years ago with FSX when people were tweaking the FSX.cfg a little too much, something to do with view-angle

Hi Chunk, not sure if have tried these things but if you have just ignore them.

1 Reinstall the ORBX lib files

2. uninstall and reinstall KJAC.

in the past when I've had similar problems one of these things seems to fix it, it's worth a shot just in case, also in case it doesn't see if you have any other libraries that may conflict from other sceneries installed.

Hope you get it sorted mate ;-)

Please start the sim and once at KJAC, change the scenery complexity setting while the sim is running. It doesn’t matter if you go up or down, just change that one setting while in the sim and see if the missing scenery returns. This may be an issue with P3D which was identified during the beta process.

For this test, you must change the scenery complexity setting while in the sim at your location. Changing it before you load the scenery will not work if this is the previously identified issue.

9 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Please start the sim and once at KJAC, change the scenery complexity setting while the sim is running. It doesn’t matter if you go up or down, just change that one setting while in the sim and see if the missing scenery returns. This may be an issue with P3D which was identified during the beta process.

For this test, you must change the scenery complexity setting while in the sim at your location. Changing it before you load the scenery will not work if this is the previously identified issue.

I’ll try this as soon as I get back to my flightsim PC, Graham. 

4 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Thought so! Me too :-((

Adam.

Are you having similar issues Adam?

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

The missing scenery does indeed return Graham.

Many thanks Chunk. That confirms that the issue is indeed a problem with P3D V4.4 which was identified during the V4.4 beta process. All is fine for those who did a complete install of V4.4 but the problem still exists for those who went the client/content/scenery update route.

We have advised Lockheed Martin the problem still exists for some and we await a response from them.

Hi Guys,

Interesting that this problem from the 4.4 betas has returned. During the testing,  LM's eventual fix worked for me with just a client update, but that client was from the full installer.  I did not experience the issue  with the release version after both a client only update  and subsequently a clean install.

Chuck, when you did the client update, did you download the client only? If that's the case, if you have time you might try uninstalling the 4.4 client, then downloading the full installer and installing the client only from that set of files. 

The problem was said to be related to a 'race' between threads. A timing issue related to the addition of new stuff to one thread or another. Nothing that can be fixed on this end.

I would guess that if you look around you will find a number of instances of objects missing, or objects that appear only under certain conditions but it's very hit or miss.

I downloaded the full archive and used the client update from the extracted [full] archive. I have the same problem and am tempted to reinstall a clean copy of P3D, but it's probably quite handy to have a few people like myself with "problematic" 4.3->4.4 upgrades to help test the fix.

Adam.

40 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

but it's probably quite handy to have a few people like myself with "problematic" 4.3->4.4 upgrades to help test the fix.

Right Adam, good thought.

Somewhere along the line of the many 4.4 betas I had done  a clean install. So my client update fix was not from 4.3 to the 4.4 beta with the fix. It was from an earlier beta. So based on your experience,  that would suggest that  contributing factors are files not part of the client.  Whether or not LM could come up with a solution that would only involve a client update remains to be seen. A hotfix I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

So based on your experience,  that would suggest that  contributing factors are files not part of the client.

I installed all three module updates (Client/Content/Scenery) so the pertinent files can't have been in the other two modules either.

Adam.

It’s an interesting issue for sure. It’s not a deal breaker, so I’ll just leave it as is for now. P3D is running too welll right now to tempt the flight simulation gods. ;) 

Thanks again for everyone’s contributions. 

Archived