Plan G

Archive82

I have downloaded and installed Plan G and created a flight plan with it, connected to FSX but now what? It creates *.plg flight plans which FSx does not recognize and so how do I really use it when flying FSX...or how do I get FSX to recognize the Plan G flight plan. And furthermore when flying in FSX how do I 'see' the plan G overview...tracking, other aircraft, position...etc.  Neat way to create flight plans with lots of detail and control, but not useful unless I can fly the route saved and look at the Plan G page while flying.

Maybe I'm just confused about its usefulness.

Need some help from the Plan G veterans.

-=dcp=-

I find Simbrief with its download facility to a particular aircraft's flightplan folder by far the best.  You only have to enter the path once, for each aircraft,  if your flightsim is on a different HD or SSD drive to your C drive.  For Aerosoft 300xx family there is a common flightplan folder, which is good.  It is free too.

John - will look at the export function...did not notice it...makes sense. If I can load the Plan g flight plan it will solve several problems that are inherent in the basic approach programmed into FSX. It does not answer my question about how one 'sees' the Plan G view/screen/moving target when flying with FSX...or do you need to close ('P' - pause) FSX, switch to Plan G and then reopen FSX?

Ian: I have no idea what Simbrief is...will Google it and explore. I have my FSX on an SSD drive with the C drive. Not into Aerosoft.

Thanks to both.

-=dcp=-

11 hours ago, Archive82 said:

John - will look at the export function...did not notice it...makes sense. If I can load the Plan g flight plan it will solve several problems that are inherent in the basic approach programmed into FSX. It does not answer my question about how one 'sees' the Plan G view/screen/moving target when flying with FSX...or do you need to close ('P' - pause) FSX, switch to Plan G and then reopen FSX?

Ian: I have no idea what Simbrief is...will Google it and explore. I have my FSX on an SSD drive with the C drive. Not into Aerosoft.

Thanks to both.

-=dcp=-

You'll need to set up FSUIP to track your flight if memory serves. Full instructions are in the docs. In X-Plane, I find AVI Tab very useful for that all important ground fix.

Speaking about Plan-G and Little Navmap (LN)....

Has someone found a solution for exporting Visual Reference Points (VFR) made in Plan-G, convert them (?) and import them in LN?

I do have a large set of VFR's and actually don't want to create them again in LN, if there is a more simple solution.

Thanks in advance

Fred

On 12/24/2018 at 5:21 AM, Archive82 said:

It does not answer my question about how one 'sees' the Plan G view/screen/moving target when flying with FSX...or do you need to close ('P' - pause) FSX, switch to Plan G and then reopen FSX?

-=dcp=-

If you are running FSX full screen, you can use alt-tab to flip back and forth between the sim and the Plan-G window. If you run FSX in windowed mode, you can position the Plan-G and sim windows next to each other. Or you can have Plan-G on a second monitor, or on a second PC/laptop. There is no need to pause the sim. (you may want to deactivate 'Pause on task switch' in the FSX options).

You connect the programs together either via the built-in SimConnect, or the third party FSUIPC (XPUIPC for X-Plane). Some additional configuration is needed when connecting over a network, but it's explained in the manual and readme.

• 4 months later...

Tim A...Have used PLan G on FSX for a long time with no problems running it on a second monitor in "extended" display mode. Just switched to FSX SE and am having a problem.Plan G shows fine on my 2nd monitor before i start the sim. But once the sim is running, Plan G disappears from my 2nd monitor. I have an HP with i5 core processor and 8G of system memory and never had a problem with this same computer and running it loaded down with 3rd party apps. Aside from the basic ORBX sceneris and a few small airports I running FSX SE just as it downloads. Would appreciate any help. Thanks and Cheers.

Archived