Market Research Poll - Which FS sites do you visit?

John Venema

In order to help Orbx get the word out about FTX and direct its marketing, please list you most frequented Flight Simulation Website which is NOT these Orbx FTX forums  

378 members have voted

1. 1. In order to help Orbx get the word out about FTX and direct its marketing, please list you most frequented Flight Simulation Website which is NOT these Orbx FTX forums

• SOH
    • AVSIM
    • YouTube Channel (Please indicate which)
    • flightsim.com
    • FSBreak.net
    • (Other - please indicate which)
    • None - I only visit Orbx forums

Hello all,

It's the time of year where Orbx needs to focus on marketing and advertising. To help us get the word out about FTX, we'd love to know which sites are 'relevant' in today's very different FS community, which seems to be getting more savvy and agile, and less influenced by the history of a site, but more influenced by its members and content.

Please vote on the site you visit the most *outside* these FTX forums.

I voted for Youtube, I visit the Orbx channel and thats about the only channel actually. Generally when I see a great new product that I'm interested in, I'll go straight to youtube and serach to see if anyone (or the company for that matter) has posted videos of the product, that way I can see the product in motion and actually functioning. Youtube has helped me make up my mind as to whether I am going to buy a product or not numerous times. (of course it's not the only determining factor)

Guest J van E

I ticked Avsim, because that's the site I go to besides this one everytime I get on the internet. But it might be important to note that I ONLY visit the forum... I NEVER visit the site itself! So to get the most out of this poll it might be good to ask if people actually visite the site itself or mainly the forum that comes with it...?

Don't forget SimHQ, they often run great feature articles as well as having very active forums, and I'm sure it would help the promotion of your new products to do an interview with some screenies.

In fact I learned about FTX:PNW from SimHQ!

Cheers, Iain

I pretty much only use Fsnordic.net for forums, since it's finnish and theres good people. Then i ofc use avsim for everything else, addon news, files, sometimes i look at the forums if im bored.

So my answer was Avsim.

Archived