Hurricane Relief Flight

JMBIII

Captain Joe Sparrow, seventh great-grandson of the infamous pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, follows in his footsteps.  Captain Joe is one who never passes up  the opportunity of making profit out of adversity.  Hearing of shortages of valuable commodities along the coast of South Carolina after the recent hurricane, he and loyal co-pilot, Bob Bos'n, load up the "Black Pearl" in Vera Cruz, Mexico.

NHg64cO.jpg

With "Black Pearl's" cargo capacity only half way filled, Captain Sparrow heads east. Across the Caribbean. 

vfvCOpY.jpg

A few hours later the mountains of Jamaica appear.

JsYHH2K.jpg

Kingston Town awaits  . . . .

uBCTfkf.jpg

. . . with the remainder of the valuable hurricane relief supplies.

Sz9Jk0W.jpg

weYXWCQ.jpg

"Down the way; Where the nights are gay; And the sun shines daily on the mountaintop
I took a trip on a flying ship; And when I reached Jamaica I made a stop."

(you may hum the chorus now if you wish)

h4P9FKb.jpg

After another long flight over Cuba, skirting the coast of Florida (squawking the proper IFF code so as not to be thought of as a drug runner) the Bos'n says, "Land Ho, the coast of Carolina !"

eaXIhfJ.jpg 

On final to Myrtle Beach - KMYR, and the delivery of the rum and tequila into the welcoming arms of the awaiting bartenders and barmaids.

iPtF41g.jpg

30 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was cool JM!  I really enjoyed it and all the little details too.  More please!

Thanks, Jack. I try to make every flight a story.  I know you didn't see it , but your nemesis, the pirate Jack Sparrow's ship is in almost every story  I post.

Very hard to see the "Black Pearl" off shore of Kingston in this one. Fourth pic - far off shore directly above the "Black Pearl 3".

27 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Really unique story and a unique plain. Alas, I can't read the warning completely that's painted on the side near the door. :unsure:

WARNING:

This is a high speed, turbulent thrill ride.

If you are prone to motion sickness,

Please disembark.

:wacko::lol:

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey JMBILL. Those who would question Captain Joe's priorities have never seen how comforting a makeshift bar can be under such circumstances. And there always is one.

Indeed ! I've survived three encounters with Mother Nature's tempests and a drop or two of the dew was always beneficial. (well maybe more than a drop or two)

21 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You sound just like Harry Belafonte.

Work all night on a drink of rum
(Daylight come and me wan' go home)
Stack banana till the mornin' come
(Daylight come and me wan' go home)

Archived