Elevation issues at FTX NA SAK PAHO

rlaycock

Hi all

Does this look correct

2018-8-26_12-3-57-423.jpg[/url]

I have all the global product and SAK installed but Not the airport for PAHO.

I have re installed SAK and ran the Airport Elevation Correction thingy in Vector control panel but no mater what I do this airport looks to have sunken ground.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Bob

Hi,

I tested this this afternoon.  I had the same elevation problems with ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.  I then downloaded and tried Nick's version and it worked perfectly.

You should go through the process again.

Run the AEC auto configuration tool in Vector.  PAHO should be in the "Disabled" column.  Make sure you click on "Apply" and exit.

Open P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.

Rename "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL" to "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL.BAK"

Download Nick's file from https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139167-homer-airport-mesh-problem-p3dv4/

Install this file in to P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery.

Run the simulator and check if the issue has been resolved.

Cheers,

Hi all

Thanks for the reply.

I just did exactly as Scott suggested and I STILL have the sunken areas between the runway.

I wonder if I am downloading the correct file?

to remove this as a possibility, could someone attache the correct one?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes

Bob

Hi all

This is very strange, I clearly must be doing something wrong.  I tried the "new" file and it is still the same result.

I disable the ACE thingy still the same

I enable the ACE thingy, still the same

However if I uninstall SAK and just leave the "global-Vector-open LC North America- Pilots mesh 2010" then the elevation issue goes away.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Bob

Thanks for all your help with this, its very strange as the only scenery add on I have is orbx

I have all the global stuff, all of the regions apart from Netherlands (I don't like photo real)

I have had the occasional elevation problem in the past, but it has always been fixed by either running the ACE thing, or reinstalling the region.

Most of the elevation issues have been because I have bought, and installed an airport and found I did not like them (due to the photo real) so after un installing  I have had one or two  issues with elevation.  However I have always been able to repaired via ACE or reinstall.  However I have never bought the PAHO airport. so it has never been installed.

Do you think a file verification may help?

Best wishes

Bob  

Hi

Thanks for staying with this Nick.   I apologies for my delay in replying, but as I do live on the other side of the world, (Auckland NZ) You can probably guess why.

Effectively there is only one file in the  scenery\world\scenery folder it is the one you sent me. (As per attached snip it file)  I renamed the original one to Orig_ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL

and today I even removed this file but it still has the depressed area between the runway as in the original screen shot.

Thanks Bob

Capture.JPG

Hello,

if you change the file name, the file is not disabled and it continues to work.

To disable it, you need to change the extension to something that the simulator cannot see,

as written above.

For this reason, please either

Rename "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL" to "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL.BAK"

or delete them both and add in the one from my link in this topic.

Hi

Nick thanks for the suggestion.  However I deleted both files from the scenery\world\scenery folder, then re-downloaded the file supplied by Nick. So this is the ONLY file that has PAHO reference in the folder.  However, I STILL have the issue.  It must be something other than this file.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks again

Bob 

If PAHO and SAK are correctly installed and AEC for PAHO is disabled in the Vector

control panel and there are no other files present for that airport, it works.

Logically, one or more of these conditions are not being fulfilled.

Try deleting the product txt files in ORBX\User documents\Versions and run install

product for PAHO and SAK. The files will be checked.

Please double check that the AEC is disabled and it should work.

Hi

i tried again

deleted the NA_FTX_SAK Text Doc from P3DV4/Orbx/User Documents/version.

Reinstalled SAK through FTX Central 3

PAHO was in the ACE disabled for side in Vector Control panel

I still have the elevation issues.

So I manual enabled PAHO in the Vector Control panel

I still have the elevation issues. 

Nothing I do seams to change this

Very strange.

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

actually, the more comprehensive check is to not just look for the elevation adjustment files but all active bgl files for a given airport. That's because two components have to match: the airport reference altitude (in the ADE file) that sets the elevation of taxiways, aprons, and runways, and the overall airport flatten (in the CVX file) that sets the elevation of the grass areas. Thus, I'd suggest running a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAHO*.bgl -- and post a screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

With a complete list it's usually easy for us to spot what files are incorrect or conflicting.

Cheers, Holger

Hello,

I have reinstalled SAK and removed the payware version from the scenery library and I am now seeing the same anomaly as you do.

I find that if I disable scenery area 0001, where the default airport is, the anomaly goes away.

Hopefully Holger will tell me (us) why but at the moment, it looks to me as if the airport background exclude is not working.

Oddly, the three versions have different elevations:

SAK version  60 feet

Default version  83.99 feet

Payware version  74.4 feet

which should put the runways of the SAK version in a hollow instead of raised.

Either we are both making the same mistake or there is a problem in P3D v4 with this airport.

I await advice because for now I am out of ideas.

Hi guys,

thanks for posting the list/screenshot, Bob. It appears that the current SAK installer for P3D contains the elevation adjustment file for the payware version of the airport instead of the original version that matches the SAK PAHO flatten polygon. Not sure when/how that happened but I'll get that sorted with our installer coder. 

In the meantime I've attached the original SAK version below; please extract and move this file into the P3D \Scenery\World\scenery folder and overwrite the current file.

Note that this version is not for users of the Orbx PAHO airport add-on.

Cheers, Holger

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.zip

Archived