Homer airport mesh problem (P3Dv4)

Hi,

No P3Dv4 Forum so I decided to put this topic here.

Please see it: P3Dv4+Vector+S.Alaska (default Homer PAHO). Any idea?

I run AES for sure of Vector but still the same problem with mesh near the runway.

In P3Dv3 I havent this.

Btw. fresh install P3Dv4 + addons.

Settings: 5m.

Nowy-2.JPG

Thank You Nick for this screenshot.

My looks like this and I don't know why.

Prepar3D-_qhphxxs.jpg

Fresh install P3Dv4, (no any FSX, P3Dv3 on disc now), next I installed Central v3, next Global, Vector, openLC, FTX SAK. 

AES is on for PAHO, default P3Dv4 mesh.

Maybe this products isnt compatible yet with this version of Prepar?

Hi there,

as usual in the hunt for missing or incompatible files it's best to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAHO*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

Cheers, Holger

We are closer :D.

I did here Run Auto configuration>Apply>Exit. 

So maybe change manually to ENABLED? Btw. in P3Dv3 this auto config works ok and I havent this elevation problem.

Nowy-4JPG_qhphnas.jpg

Edit:

no it wasnt this, if PAHO is in AEC is Enabled position looks the same:

Prepar3D-_qhphnqn.jpg

AEC is ticked:

Nowy-3JPG_qhphepq.jpg

Files are the same but I noticed some of differences.

For example I have AEC_PAHO.inactive but Your the same file has bgl in the end.

So maybe My Vector dosent overwrite it?

I run Central v3 as administrator, my UAC is off always... 

The .bgl extension is only because I have deselected "Hide extensions for known file types"

in the Windows File Explorer settings.

Yours have the same .bgl extensions, it's just that they are hidden.

Do you have the insertion point set like this?

Untitled.jpg

Yes, the same in settings.

Image-431_qhphspa.jpg Image-432_qhphspq.jpg Image-433_qhphshh.jpg Image-434_qhphshr.jpg

Looks like no any problem to overwrite the files (Auto run PAHO is disable):

Nowy-5JPG_qhphsxr.jpg

But no any changes in the look of this elevations.

btw.

I did not any migrations. Fresh install of P3Dv4 and fresh all download files from FTX servers.

I can sent all this files for test.

Hello,

I managed to replicate the error, I think.

AEC disabled.

SAK active.

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL disabled:

1.jpg

Now 

AEC disabled.

SAK active.

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL enabled

2.jpg

Some changes do not necessarily take place unless the simulator is restarted.

Yes, I saw it and frankly I cannot understand why you are not seeing the same as I do.

To disable the file, I simply renamed it to  ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL.off

As yours is already  ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL, it is enabled.

It is possible, but unlikely that it is having no effect.

Just in case, I attach my copy and ask you to copy it over yours in scenery\world\scenery.

Please replace the file with P3Dv4 not running.

Restart it and see if there is any difference.

I really am clutching at straws here, logic tells me there must be a difference but it seems we have ruled them all out.

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL

8 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Could it be that the file is "write protected" for some reasons ?  Right click on it and click on properties to see if the file is protected.

Mike

Hi Mike, it was the first what I checked, No, no any protection here : ].

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I really am clutching at straws here, logic tells me there must be a difference but it seems we have ruled them all out.

ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Checked Your file and voila:

Prepar3D-_qhpxhra.jpg

Looks ok, without problems, so the problem is ADE, but why? Maybe fresh Vector (no migration) has a bug?

Here is mine old file with elevation problem:https://www.sendspace.com/file/j3cs4j

I am afraid that somewhere else may be a similar problem with ADE files. Myabe I must do uninstall/install Vector P3Dv4 again?

Hi, I'd like to back to this topic.

It looks for me that in the last installer build of Vector, FTX inserted wrong file here (or files if it concerns other airport) - ADE files....

My friend has a Vector in P3Dv4 too (downloaded after release), he has date created of ADE_FTX_SAK_PAHO_elevation_adjustment.BGL  2011-12-12  my was 2014-05-28 (he hasnt a problem I have, he install my bgl = problem, I checked Nick's file = works ok).

As I understand AEC of Vector do nothing with ADE files. If Nick's bgl works ok (in scenery/world/scenery) for me it isnt a problem of "protecion", "activations" of scenery ect - just wrong bgl file which I have.

So maybe its a bug in the last installer of FTX Vector (downloaded few days ago) ?

Btw. this topic could be move to Vector corner. Please also to check my file before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18.09.2017 at 12:55 AM, Stewart Hobson said:

I can confirm that Nick's elevation adjustment .bgl file, replacing the original in Scenery\World\Scenery, works to cure the elevation error at PAHO in P3Dv4.

My friend noticed the same problem in P3Dv4 so maybe its a good idea to add it to P3Dv4 as "default" ORBX bgl for v4 users.

I flew from Homer yesterday. I had exactly the same problem as YoYo in P3Dv4.

I have SAK and Vector installed - the same as YoYo. 

Looking for a solution, I found this thread.

I downloaded Nick's elevation file and put it in the world scenery folder to replace the file that I had there. It fixed the problem.

My original file was dated 27/5/14.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Glad I found this. PAHO is usable again. Thanks for the file Nick. Please can you update the Southern Alaska Region file with your copy of the .bgl file? Anyway, finally problem solved. I was trying everything I could think of to get the airport level with the surrounding elevation. I redownloaded the region. Tried all the ideas that are mentioned in this thread. Glad I found this thread. 

Archived