Qantas Emblem over Tuggeranong for Jack

I took a break from the sim this morning and went for a 5 to 10 km walk as I do every other day.

I remembered that Jack wanted to see a few more colourful Aussie birds so I took my camera along. I've included a few shots from this morning.

(May need to be in two or three posts due to image size)

I went down to Lake Tuggeranong, walked around a good part of it and took a few shots. I then climbed the hill on the other side. The contrails are Sydney jets overflying Canberra on the way to Melbourne.

Aussie

DSC_2997.jpg

DSC_3007.jpg

DSC_3032.jpg

DSC_3019.jpg

Beautiful countryside. Must be great walking there.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful photos and I like skippy!

You are lucky to be able to have a walk like this, our river walk 1 km away is not very safe to walk alone any time of the day.:angry:

What makes for unsafe in Mooroopna? Sad to hear.

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Beautiful countryside. Must be great walking there.

What makes for unsafe in Mooroopna? Sad to hear.

G'day Roger, sadly illegal campers  (itinerant workers)  and also drug activity in the area is rife. Seeing deals going down is relatively common. We also have a gang of ferals who are very troublesome and coming across any of these alone in the forest is not something that appeals to me.:(

I have had three attempted break ins over the last 5 weeks so when I go out I have to pack various electronic items to go with me as these are the things that thieves like to take to get a quick buck for their next fix! Retirement is great isn't it.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

VH-KDK. I'm so sorry to hear of the social decline of that area. Must be heart-breaking to a local retiree. My thoughts are with you and your family. Do you have the option of moving elsewhere?

Cheers Rodger. It is like the lottery and nearly everybody I know has had unwanted visitors.

When I lived in Melbourne in the 80s there were break ins especially around Christmas also you never gave out that you owned a video player(remember them!)

Sadly the police get very little support from the judiciary and the courts are like a revolving door.

They are just putting the finishing touches on the new court house in Shepparton, it is huge.

Now all they need are the judges who will dish out some realistic sentences.

Archived