Future regions to be TrueEarth?

FSMontie

On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, John Venema said:

No, we are still producing landclass based regions as well. The next LC region to be released is a complete re-build of Australia V2.

Cool, looking forward to it :)

I assume OpenLC Africa has been put on the backburner for the moment?

Sounds great both with the forthcoming Australia in full glory, and the OLC Africa. To celebrate the new freeware GMMX, Marrakech Menara International I did a first flight in Morrocco to Ouarzazate. Amazing mountain and desert sceneries reminding me of great movie classics such as Lawrence in Arabia and Casablanca. Hopefully, also more payware scenery will be available in years to come for the new OLC packages. 

On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, John Venema said:

No, we are still producing landclass based regions as well. The next LC region to be released is a complete re-build of Australia V2.

I thought Australia V1 was pretty good. What aspects are being enhanced? (If that can be disclosed)

TTM

Australia does need quite a lot of work, So the news is really welcome.  With this year’s drought the western Slopes and Plains of NSW are incongruously green. Would it be possible to give us two sets of winter textures (or reuse some of the summer ones) to properly capture the correct feel.  At the moment I find it unsettling to fly YBBN to YPAD over emerald green while the poor buggers in the real world below have bare earth and no stock feed. 

On 8/11/2018 at 10:20 AM, John Venema said:

I hope you add some photo ground scenery for mountains like you did for south Germany which stretches into Austria, it makes them so much more realistic

Then in 2025 you can put the TrueEarth Australia out for us

Archived