Pilot's - FS Global Ultimate - NextGeneration

Macbrowndog

Yep and you can get the Prepar3d V4 installer from the PILOTS website. This allows you to either fully install it from scratch or if you already have it installed for another sim you can set it up with V4.

Have used it since release.

Enjoy Sir

If you are thinking of buying the mesh then make sure you install it on the same disk as P3D but not into the P3D directory. That way  is recommended and  you will always have a copy of the installation should something go wrong with P3D. You just add it to the scenery library manually. Saves a hell of a lot of time cos the whole world of Ultimate NG is about 80 GB

"""Is the download version on FS Global for P3DV4.xx compatiable with ORBX Vectors and scenery """

Orbx sceneries (especially full fat regions) don't need an additional mesh. Everything is already included.

A mesh is necessary if you fly outside Orbx areas.

There is no official recommendation for PILOT'S - FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE - NEXT GENERATION mesh made by Orbx.

Users often reported problems, also here in the forum.

Orbx products are based on the former FS Pilots Global 2010. Even the FS Pilots Global 2018 replacement hasn't got a clearance by Orbx.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Pilot's - FS Global Ultimate - NextGeneration

Hello,

products are indeed developed using the standard set by FS Global 2010 mesh.

None of the other Pilot's products or any other mesh product are "approved".

For example, here is one "official" comment on one effect that FS Global Ultimate

mesh has on a product.

[added 27-05-2017] FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE MESH by Pilots 

FS Global Ultimate mesh is the sequel to Pilot's highly popular FS Global 2010 mesh; both products provide detailed mesh for the entire world. Some users have reported issues with Global Ulimate, specifically jumping-terrain issues, augmentation of the FSX/P3D  "floating autogen house" bug, and unusual cliffs at LOIN heliport. This is caused by conflicting layering and resolution orders; FTX LOWI includes a higher-resolution mesh (native 10m).

Avoiding Conflicts between FS Global Ultimate and FTX LOWI: 
1. Go to your FS Global Ulimtate scenery folder, and then head to the EUR/SCENERY sub-folder.

2. Rename the file N47E011.bgl to N47E011.off

3. Restart FSX/P3D

Here's another from here for PNG/Tapini

3. PILOTS terrain meshes. 
This project is compatible with PILOT's FS2010 'FTX' version only. 
It is not compatible with Pilots Ultimate/Ultimate NextGen/Ultimate-Oceania/FS2018, If you use these there will be some elevation issues, to make this work you will need to deactivate some files: 
- Ultimate/Ultimate NetxGen: 
/OCE/Scenery 
DX087035.bgl
DX087034.bgl

To deactivate simply rename to .off or .bgx 

and this actually didn't fix my floating fences. Only having Holgers PNG installed made it right.

So, as Dieter says, if you only fly Orbx Regions you probably don't need it.

Some of my Orbx favourites though are not in Orbx regions - east coast US (Chester,Nantucket), LDDU, LOWI of course etc.

I purchased and am not disappointed but know there are issues cause it is expensive.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Ray

I bought the DVD version, no worries with downloading corrupt files.

I've used it on many re-installs and it works and re-installs perfectly. It always looks at the Pilots website4 for most up to dat installers, so great job by those guys.

I've been using it for some time now, I think I bought it when P3D went 64 bit and it really has been faultless.

Frank

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I am not making it up.

Hello,

if you are have purchased and are using Pilots Global Ultimate software, they have a program Airport Flattening Mesh for correcting discrepancies such as yours.

If you have Global Vector run the Vector AEC.

AEC has to be run 1 by 1, ALL the airports are wrong. I cant run it 24,000 times. I have run Vector AEC and it corrected the ones like KSEA. But that has always been an issue. Does anyone of using ORBX if there is a specific order to install Orbx Global, Vector and NALC in addition to FSGUNG? Thanks

Archived