Bridgework at KVUO

andy1252

Thought I'd try and do this before Jack got here and got the authorities all alert! Heading out from the rather fine new KVUO in the Stinson -

AZzxXsQ.jpg

Hmm, a bridge . . .

jpM9LqI.jpg

Heading down river a bit before turning back in

r4SZpLb.jpg

"don't sink! don't sink!"

xwANUPE.jpg

Wasn't sure this was going to be possible, and I will admit to a teensy bit of slew on this first bridge

5Mgk13V.jpg

And I still got the tyres wet coming out the other side!

fz7FXn7.jpg

But the next one was a bit easier - actually flew under this one!

lKAP6In.jpg

Loads of room!

jvkpHNJ.jpg

Love the weathering on the bridge supports

2LkC2te.jpg

and away!

9vdUrmc.jpg

Another fine addition to the ORBX world!

9 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack, so that'd explain why I beat you to it <grin>. Haven't been following things much lately - no PC? Problems?

New one being built, will be here next week.  They installed all my Orbx stuff which is all they sell so I had un remove all my Orbx stuff from the present PC.  Then I reformatted everything for sale but so far no buyers.

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Andy ! How are the frames ?

Cheers Mikee! No idea on the framerate, I never monitor it but have a target rate of 30. Didn't notice any particular lag or jumpiness - I get used to a bit of lag occasionally anyway as I run all maxed out on a 4k monitor and that pushes the system a bit unless it's really basic scenery. Did get a stutter or two over Portland itself as usual.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

New one being built, will be here next week.

Ah! Monster new beast? I saw a link in an emailshot recently that I had to check out - twin Xeon CPs, twin GTX 1080 Tis, all sorts of stuff. Never seen anything so over-the-top in my life (ignoring anything Liberace related, that is), and all for the measly sum of 16k GBP! I'll have two! (if you want a laugh, it's a Chillblast PC (https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-leviathan-iii-gigapixel-and-vr-production-pc-1.html?category_id=412)

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Wow Andy, way to show off this new scenery! That airport and surrounds looks scrumptious!

Cheers Landon - I hadn't realised it was so close to Portland, so it comes with a ready made good surround area to begin with.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots these

Cheers Iain.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Andy, it’s not that powerful, just one CP and one video card.

Should be all anybody really needs, Jack!

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Awesome shots Andy!  Checking out Bill's fantastic bridge work up close, and inspecting the pylons ;).

I like that plane too.

Thanks Scott, and I suspect I won't be the last one to be giving those bridge supports a thorough examination. There's a lot of us municipal inspectors on this forum. And yep, the Stinson is great fun, sort of like a Cub with attitude.

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:
9 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Awesome shots Andy!  Checking out Bill's fantastic bridge work up close, and inspecting the pylons ;).

I like that plane too.

Thanks Scott, and I suspect I won't be the last one to be giving those bridge supports a thorough examination. There's a lot of us municipal inspectors on this forum. And yep, the Stinson is great fun, sort of like a Cub with attitude.

Oops.  I should have said piers, not pylons. :)

Archived