Unable to Download Netherlands HD to my D: drive

Paul Macfarlane

FTX Central 3 tries to download everything to my C: drive, instead of my D: drive (where ORBX files are located).  The downloading process stops, and gives me an error when the "large" file downloads onto the wrong drive (C:).  I don't know why FTX Central 3 is using my C: drive, instead of the correct drive (D:)?  NOTE:  I did erroneously try to download FTX Central 3, right before purchasing Netherlands HD True Earth; and it may have erroneously installed itself on the C: drive.  The error states that I don't have enough room on the drive for finishing the entire download.  (I researched this, and found that my C: drive was completely full).  (So I have since "Cleaned-Up" my C: drive so that it is back to about 38GB remaining; just as it was prior to starting the download).  

Please can someone tell me how to fix this problem, and get my FTX Central 3 to download to the D: drive (where my Prepar3D v4.2, and ORBX files reside?

Hi,

If you download (or update to) the latest version of FTX Central, there is a new option in the settings to set the location you want the ORBX files to download to.  This used to be your temp folder on C drive, but you now have the ability to set it wherever you like.

Cheers,

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

FTX Central does not update on startup. The libraries and installed software do when needed.

Thankfully, I've never needed to reinstall FTX Central, but I think Nick's excellent tip may help you:

Adam.

I have exactly the same problem as the OP. FTX Central version v3.2.5.7. I reinstall FTX Central by downloading and installing it again. Version number remains v3.2.5.7...... Dang it!!

I read new post by Adam and follow Nick's advice (thank you Adam, Nick) Even after 3 times doing this process (deleting the two Orbx folders from the AppData/Local folders, rebooting, download and install FTX Central again) i still get the d*mn v3.2.5.7....... :wacko:   No v3.3.0.2 for me so it seems..... 

Any help highly appreciated !!

Cheers,

Jan

P.S. Thanks a million for giving me the opportunity to virtually fly above my country in such high resolution ! WOW!!  ( IF... i manage to download/install it of course.... :rolleyes: )

Great tip, Nick, thanks very much !  :D

Downloading now to my fat HD and walking my dog in the meantime. The nightmare remains though to come home and find the download process has come to a stop at 98%......  Wouldn't be that bad if with the next download session it would just pick up where it was halted and download the remaining 2%. Alas the whole process starts over again....

That's why, during the redownloading of all my FTX stuff to make use of the new FTX Central i often used manual downloading via a download manager. Worked perfectly. However for the Netherlands scenery there seems to be no manual download available yet ?....

I'm at 27 GB now so it's going well but i know it can be over in a second. Fingers crossed ! 

Thanks again for the advice, Nick !

Cheers,
Jan

10 minutes ago, Javis said:

Downloading now to my fat HD and walking my dog in the meantime. The nightmare remains though to come home and find the download process has come to a stop at 98%......  Wouldn't be that bad if with the next download session it would just pick up where it was halted and download the remaining 2%. Alas the whole process starts over again....

Are you sure it doesn't resume as it is supposed to?  Admittedly it will look like it is starting the whole download again, but in my experience, it says downloading, it will then scan for downloaded files, and work out where it needs to resume downloading, and just download the remaining files.

If it doesn't there's something not right in your system, which you may need to investigate further.

Thanks, John. A while ago i installed all available FTX UK Airports via FTX Central without so much as a hickup. Beautiful. But i remember steam coming out my ears during re-installation of the bigger stuff when it was needed. I think i might not have waited long enough for FTXC to scan for downloaded files, wasn't aware it would do that. Thanks for the tip ! 

I have just come back from my first virtual flight over my home country and i have to say i haven't had such great sim pleasure for a loooong time ! B) And that's even knowing that the download/installation didn't finish correctly ! Mind you, my own fault, i simply forgot that FTXC not only regulates the download but also the actual installation. Since not only my C drive is full also my precious P3Dv4 dedicated SSD did not have room enough to stash away the 77 Gig (or more..) of my little swamp land at the North Sea. So there's quite some 3D buildings/houses and textures missing. 

I have to figure out what to do now. 

Took a while ( well, more than a quarter of century.. ) but now i can finally say i flew over my house today ! :D

myhouse.jpg

Right there at the arrow point. The park right of it is called the Agathe Park and that's where i walk my dog every morning. As you can see only the roof textures of the houses show up and most industrial buildings are missing. My little village is called Krommenie and if your floors cover any kind of linoleum good chance it was made here (used to be called Linoleum Krommenie but now known as Forbo ).

Anyway, i absolutely adore what i see out of the cockpit of my beloved Tiggy eventhough it's probabely only half of it ! 

Thanks a million Orbx/FTX !!!!  Or as we say it overhere : " Ongelofelijk hartelijk bedankt !!!! "  :D

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Nick,

where is that file to be found? I don't have a versions-subfolder   (just a lot FTX_..., Scripts, Troubleshooter, User documents)... Also, re-downloading FTX central installs only 3.2.5.7 ...how can this be, that some people are getting 3.3 and others don't?? 

Joe

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jan,

Deleting the ORBX\User Documents\Versions\Orbx_EU_NLD_TrueEarth_HD.TXT file and selecting install product

again should make FTX Central check all the files and add any that are missing.

Trying that right now, thanks very much, Nick ! B)

Hello, all

I have been trying for 2 days to manually install from the downloaded zip 72 Gb file the NLD_TrueEarth_HD scenery. It keeps hanging during extraction of the files, followed then by a failure message. I am every time clearing all the temp files; I am using FTX Central 3.2.5.7, not able to find 3.3.02. Log file attached. Please help.

Thanks

Eric

ORBXNL2.PNG

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jan,

Deleting the ORBX\User Documents\Versions\Orbx_EU_NLD_TrueEarth_HD.TXT file and selecting install product

again should make FTX Central check all the files and add any that are missing.

Trying your tip did the trick in a jiffy, Nick. Thank you very much !  All's installed now and the scenery looks just breathtaking !  

Spot the difference ;-) :

myhouse2.jpg

Performs very nice too ! ( i7-4960X @ 3.6GHz, 16GB, GTX1070) . The detail is astonishing  ( the park i mentioned has a bird sanctuary and an open bandstand building and they are both depicted at the exact spot !.. ;-) . Our beloved islands are done very well too. Love that!  

Why on virtual earth Orbx did choose MY country for its first 'TrueEarth' project is a mistery to me, but are we flying dutchmen the lucky ones ! :D 

Thanks again for your help, Nick, highly appreciated !! 

Cheers,
Jan

Archived