Tried This

Dadtom65

geeK3vD.jpg

Tried to install this into P3Dv4 but some it is missing like the rear doors. Nearly there. Shame. This is my first screenshot post and the instructions about IMGUR need to be updated as it has changed a bit. Derek

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Interesting plane!  What is it?  I like the design but I wonder why they made the fuselage so narrow?

Hi Jack. It was called the Beverly and I think it was only used by the RAF. I worked on them a bit, mainly abroad. think one called into our base RAF Idris near Tripoli in Libya on the way to some where, that was back in the 60's some time. Believe its the main Tripoli airport now. Idris was a staging post and near there was a bombing range all so. Yes it wasn't very good, could not carry enough cargo. Derek.

6 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. It was called the Beverly and I think it was only used by the RAF. I worked on them a bit, mainly abroad. think one called into our base RAF Idris near Tripoli in Libya on the way to some where, that was back in the 60's some time. Believe its the main Tripoli airport now. Idris was a staging post and near there was a bombing range all so. Yes it wasn't very good, could not carry enough cargo. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I love real life info on all aircraft.  Appreciate it!

Hello Jack, 

the real thing is really quite large.

The only one left is not too far from here, it used to be an airfield club house at the village of Paull.

I have been to some spectacular air shows there in the 1970s, when if you knew the right

people, as the club president did, you could get the likes of an EE Lightning, a B17, a Hawker Hunter or indeed pretty

much anything that the RAF had in the air on the day to come and do a display for you.

Amazing when you consider that the club itself was just a grass strip and the Blackburn Beverley the only "building".

Later, it went to the Army Transport Museum, in the town of Beverley, East Yorkshire and stayed there until the museum went out of business.

Now, remarkably, it is back at Paull.

It is an exhibit at "Fort Paull ", itself a kind of military museum.

These give you some idea of its size.

fortpaull.jpg

76153132.jpg

and a much older image

beverley-c-mk-1-xb260-2.jpg

Here is a remarkable statistic from the Wiki page:

The takeoff run at full load was given as 790 yards, the landing run at full load, 310 yards.

To Derek, I think you are lucky that the model didn't crash P3D, is looks to be FS9 native and I can't find an FSX version.

Wonderful views and great to see the Beverley again.

I had it working perfectly in V2.4:) but sad to see it won't migrate to V4.:(

Some interesting info and photos on here too.

What a shame that 2 of the 3 survivors have been scrapped, I would have thought the one at Hendon would have been better looked after.

Hi. Yes Nick I got it off Sim-Outhouse and yes I thought it looked a bit small in the Photo. Anyway I have taken it off now. Just wish some developer would start doing all the old aircraft again, like the Beverly and Shackleton, plus many more but I suppose there’s not enough interest in them these days. Derek.

Archived