Flying over Northern Germany

Sundancer

Thanks Gerold, Jack and Paul for your warm welcome in joining this forum.

Yes , I will try to post some shots here on a regulary basis.

Most of my shots will be dealing with clouds in some way. I love clouds, they give such a dramatic atmosphere to a picture.

@Gerold: Yesterday the cloud basis in Northern Germany was below 1000 ft, too low for flying in real weather. Therefore I choose an Orbx weather theme.

Next week no pictures from me, winter holiday in Austria lies ahead.

Best regards Fred 

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great to see you posting some images here Fred and a beautiful pair for starters.

The Islander is a wonderful plane to fly around in too.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday next week as well.:)

Thanks Martyn, and good to recognize the Islander. A nice plane to fly, except for the AP, which is a little bit weird.

Did you like the livery and is it still operational down under?

We arrived one hour ago in a white winter world...fresh air and lots of fun next week.

Cheers Fred

G'day Fred, well after some searching I found a photo taken last August of ZK-PIZ in the colours of Fly My Sky which is Great Barrier Express renamed.

I used to regularly see Islanders at Bournemouth in my spotting days nearly 50 years ago. Then when I moved to Eastleigh, close to Southampton Airport, Trislanders flew in operated by Aurigny.

piz.jpg.c64219c83711ec64a8ba09582d21be0e.jpg

35°C here today, I hope you enjoy the snow.:)

The Isles of Scilly Skybus is still a British airline operating from either Land's End airport or from Newquay to the Scilly's.

Their fleet contains 4 BN2 Islanders and 4 Twin Otters, (I learned from Wikipedia, but I knew the airline)

I still have the plan to join this flight next time I visit Cornwall. Cornwall or the British southcoast in general is so beautiful.....e.g. Fowey, Helford River.

Regards Fred

Archived