This may be too good to be true, but.....

Triplane

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

If this  GTX 1070 deal is for real it's the bargain of the year:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/152873570008  . Or, maybe I just don't understand something. Anyway, I ordered one. Wish me luck.....

Wish we had bargains like that here, fat chance with this money grabbing country. Let us know how you get on with it. Just checked that was £48 here. I take it was Canadian dollars. If only. Derek.

I've been around E-bay for a lot of years but I've  never seen this before:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Good thing they have a excellent refund policy..........Time will tell............

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

Derek - Have a look at this one from the same seller...almost as good a deal and free international shipping:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MSI-GAMING-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR-8G-OC-Video-Card-Graphics-Card-OC-VR/152873576023?hash=item2397f9a657:g:QJ8AAOSwY3daYu5Q#shpCntId  .

Doug

Doug,

My order for this was confirmed. Hope it is real. if not PayPal and e-bay have an excellence refund policy.

Thanks,

Greg 

Hi Greg - Things will probably be OK. I also have a confirmed order from E-Bay and a payment receipt from PayPal. As you say, the worst that can happen is that we have to request a refund. I wish I had ordered two. If this works out OK I'm going to give my GTX 970 to some deserving person. It's served me well but it's time to move on..................Doug

Your recent eBay transaction may be from a compromised account

Hello gregmorin,

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:  
273033809823 - NEW MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC Video Card Graphics Card OC VR

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
   http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com 

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay 

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

eBay Document ID: 52991369000

eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

If it is too good to be true it probably is not. Worth the try though.

Greg

Archived