ORBX LOWI shows sharp border at texture blending near the airport

flusiflo

hi,

i have the following products installed (refer to screenshot for scenery library order)

• Global Base
  • Landclass EU
  • LOWI airport
  • FTX global EU Airports

sim ist P3D v4.1

i have got some colour differences, most likely due to texture blending of the sceneries. See the screenshot attached (summer time acivated). How  to get the color matching/blending fixed? I just bought Global Base yesterday - the issue was already there, also before installation of Global Base pack.

thanks

image.png

image.png

hi,

thanks for your answers. now i changed the entries of the scenery as follows, but problem was not resolved.

i am also running PTA, ReShade and using some of the URP files. 

PS: shouldn't be the FMX (free mesh x) entry below the orbx LOWI entry, because orbx LOWI uses their own (detailed) mesh data?

image.png

image.png

Hello,

I am guessing that is the border between the very high definition of the immediate area and 

the surrounding scenery.

Hopefully Jarrad will be along but I am also guessing that it was thought that no one would

wish to view the airport with autogen set to zero.

Untitled.jpg

ok guys,

after firing up P3D up again, the scenery library automatically got ordered as shown in the picture here:

when activating autogen do "dense" it looks like this (not really pretty)

attached also my lighting settings. 

hope jarred is around to help.

thanks

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hello,

you are not seeing the trees that Jarrad placed there because you have selected

Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation in your P3D settings.

If you would like to see the area as Jarrad intended, please untick that box.

You will have to restart P3D v4 for the change to take effect.

Your lighting is a matter of taste.

I doubt if there are two P3D v4 users who could agree on the best lighting as there are

so many variables.

thanks for the hint with the dynamic 3D autogen vegetation. by deactivating it, it looks much better (see screenshot). however, i can't run the autogen density at such a high level, that the autogen trees are hiding/masking the blending/border. but i am still wo ndering why there was no better color matching of the intermediate and surrounding area.

image.png

Hi guys, 

Good catch - I believe you are the first customer to notice this :) It was an omission at my end - an incorrect ground texture file was sent through to the final release version of LOWI, whilst the correct version still sits on my desktop. Thanks for the reminder, I had forgot to include this in the recent service packs. As the file in question is large-ish (200MB), this will need to wait until the next service pack to go out. 

Adding to Nick's comments, I'd strongly recommend having the autogen tree density slider as far as you can to the right - it really does add a huge amount of immersion to this scenery. Keeping the autogen tree radius set as low as possible with have a much greater affect on performance than vegetation density will, at least on my desktop. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived