ORBX LIBS

jm9009

With the ORBX Library disabled you will not see ORBX scenery objects correctly.  Basically your flying default FSX.

Loading time is longer because FSX loads ALL the scenery objects on startup and the more objects the longer the loading time.

Try disabling all scenery that is not needed for the flight. Do not remove, just untick in the Scenery Library window and tick again any scenery that is needed for a particular flight. Personally the only scenery that I leave ticked all the time is all the FSX default scenery.

One more tip: I use SimStarterNG for different scenery configurations, for instance I only load California when I fly there, or Germany, etc. Once configured, it's just a matter of one click to change the configuration. It's payware, but there are also free alternatives out there. Very recommended :-)

In my opinion SimStarterNG does (or can) much more than just Scenery administration.

If you want a simple but powerful SceneryConfig administration tool, consider SceneryConfigEditor (http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/)

I use it heavily and it never lets me down. I don't know if it Sim-specific, I only run FSX.

Success and best regards Fred

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

In my opinion SimStarterNG does (or can) much more than just Scenery administration.

If you want a simple but powerful SceneryConfig administration tool, consider SceneryConfigEditor (http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/)

I use it heavily and it never lets me down. I don't know if it Sim-specific, I only run FSX.

Success and best regards Fred

SCE isn't sim-specific. The latest version  works on them all..........Doug

Thank you everyone.  A real HU for those like me who somehow always find themselves dragging the chain yet I'm on here reading furiously every day, yet still miss valuable information.

Jim.

Yes I am using Scenery Config editor and disabled the unnecessary sceneries but my problem is that the loading time is slow but ofc I can wait for that but what bothers me the most is ground textures are blurred after 1-3 minutes after takeoff. I supposed it is because the loading time of the ground texture is slow and the reason why blurry occurs. Thats why I am disabling orbx libs because blurries occurs in seconds only. Any other ideas will be appreciated. 

My Cfg

fsx.CFG

If you are running the Sim off a mechanical hard disk, I would first run, from the command prompt as an Administrator,  "Chkdsk" with the /R option and then defragment the drive and then see if it improves.

Sometimes it is not the sim software but something a bit off in the computer hardware. 

Stewert is right.

3.4 GHz is a little slow even for FSX.

MSFX and its derivates are processor bound which is the main reason why we advise those that are on the upgrade path to always purchase the biggest, baddest computer that they can afford. 

The rule of thumb on where the money should go is processor first, memory second, and then the graphics cards.

Processor = FPS

Memory = How many programs ( addons) you can have open at one time

Graphics Memory (VRAM) = How smooth the scene is rendered and how high you can set your sliders before you bog down.

P2D does a better job of memory management than FSX in the 32 bit sims allowing longer flights before OOM. 

P3D v4 uses 64 bit memory management which does away with OOM. 

18 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Without a doubt.  Back off LOD to 5.5 and see what happens.  Autogen set to dense?  Probably ok.

I'll keep that in mind.

[SCENERY]
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=10
GADensity=3
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=3
LeisureBoatsDensity=4
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=5.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=6

anything I should lower/decrease a value? 

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I'm curious about the WATER_EFFECTS=6 entry, since I don't have it.  Perhaps your using P3Dv3?

Im using FSX-SE Stewart.

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

The first thing I'd do is turn off all the Traffic. Especially the airlines...............................

Will do.

Anything else guys? Help would be really appreciated.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:01 PM, Bassman said:

I agree with everything that has been said about CPU speed but I wonder how many of us actually had a PC capable of even 3.5GHz when FSX first came out? My current PC runs at 4.5GHz water cooled.

And that my friend is why  so many of us went out and bought faster machines.   :)

Archived