Almost Channel Airways

VH-KDK

Those older ones of us from the UK will probably remember Channel Airways Viscounts from the 60s and early 70s.

The early 60s saw the airline adopt a Golden-themed livery, each style being slightly different for each aircraft type.

When they started acquiring the Viscount 812s from Continental in 1966 their colours were so similar that along with a few minor changes all Channel had to do was paint its own name on the aircraft.

34.wv1.jpg

This Continental 812 is departing Wisley Airfield in Surrey.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well I didn't know that before Martyn! ;). Sounds like a good idea though, saves a fortune on paint! :D

Thanks Paul and I didn't realise that Channel already had an similar existing livery.

Almost like they were planning to buy the Continental planes a few years before.;)

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, stewart1 said:

fantastic shot Martyn and what you know is fantastic you are like a encyclopaedia with what you put on keep it up my friend regards stewart 

Thanks for that Stewart, I just hope I don't get book worms!:huh::o:ph34r:

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:59 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Never knew that Martyn, very interesting about the paint!

Thanks Jack, I always thought the just changed the names and not that it was similar to their existing colours.

A beautiful scheme that was a common sight in Bournemouth until they went t*ts up in '72.

Archived