The mighty Otter flies again

VH-KDK

Decided to see if my beloved Virtualcol Otter would work in V4.

Also a good excuse to fly from Hervey Bay to Bundaberg.

1.hb1.jpg

All the parts that are meant to open and shut do open and shut!

2.hb2.jpg

Off we trundle with the re-engined DHC-3, no poncy Turbo prop but a great P&W R-2800. The 2 words I would have used in the old days don't have the best meaning today. Lucky I googled them first!

3.hb3.jpg

I hope the bloke who owns the Hellcat doesn't notice I have borrowed his engine. I love great the rumble of a good radial.

4.hb4.jpg

Over Point Vernon on our way North.

5.hb5.jpg

Thedolite Creek and Woodgate.

6.hb6.jpg

Not long to get to Bundaberg,  showing off the adequate Virtualcol cockpit. Milviz it ain't but like all Virtualcol planes I find them exceptional value, perfect for the Ctrl+E aviator!

7.hb7.jpg

The Burnet River and Hinkler Allee Brücke, oops been flying in Germany too much!

8.hb8.jpg

Over Takalvan Street at Avoca with some of the large stores in view.

9.hb9.jpg

Forgot that the Otter is very hard to land. 4 bounces before settling on the runway. Off to the dentist to get my fillings replaced.

10.hb10.jpg

A view from the RFDS hangar.

Hoped you enjoyed the flight and for those who own this beautiful plane it does appear to work in V4.0!

11 minutes ago, BradB said:

If it works , a heck of lot cheaper than buying the new Otter which just came out . I would sure like to meet the ferry pilots that brought your "N Otter" all the way to OZ . B):rolleyes::o;):D

Cheers

John

True John, it is all down to how you like to fly. I am interested to see an Otter flying past the scenery rather than all the procedures for the flight.

This is the beauty of our pastime, that there is something for every one.:)

It caused a stir in the local pub as I heard some  sugar cane N utter, C utter, St utter and M utter about my N Otter!:wacko::wacko::lol:

What a shame he had margarine and not B utter on his salad roll.:o

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

True John, it is all down to how you like to fly. I am interested to see an Otter flying past the scenery rather than all the procedures for the flight.

This is the beauty of our pastime, that there is something for every one.:)

It caused a stir in the local pub as I heard some  sugar cane N utter, C utter, St utter and M utter about my N Otter!:wacko::wacko::lol:

What a shame he has margarine and nor B utter on his salad roll.:o

:wacko::lol::wacko::D

John

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent tour again Martyn and your humor is making me laugh out loud!  I love it.  You need to write humor, you'd be great at it.

Thanks Jack, as you will realise I need to have some sort of sense of humour. 555

Archived