Falcon Flied to Atlanta at night

Jack Sawyer

Now a little tour from where I lived 11 years ago to KATL.  Take off is from KFFC, Falcon Field located in a beautiful golf community called Peachtree City but this time in the late evening.

MjRDcgA.jpg

NBxk7Wy.jpg

JGhpyrn.jpg

That road is Georgia Highway 74, it leads to I85 which goes straight to the airport.  About 30 miles by road.

tcbXCV2.jpg

IfhI2uo.jpg

There she is in all her lit up glory.  From my house where I now live which is about 10 miles form the airport I can see the entire sky lit up by the airport every night, it would be impossible to see any stars where I live.

6YhdtOt.jpg

6YhdtOt.jpg

aOj8COe.jpg

Glorious set Jack with some beautiful lights.

A very different world you live in over there, here we can see some stars and the occasional A320 or 738 descending into YMML 150 km away.:)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! I love seeing the stars at night :).

Same here Paul, I have been lucky to have lived in some rural properties, pitch black and great for star gazing. I wish I knew what they were all called, I only know a very few.:(

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! I love seeing the stars at night :).

Thanks Paul.  Unfortunately all I see is KATL's glow brightening the sky, all night long.  But what's REALLY cool, is when I drive down into my subdivision and look up, instead of stars I can count at least 50 planes in the sky at once, all circling to land, it's an amazing sight!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Jack with some beautiful lights.

A very different world you live in over there, here we can see some stars and the occasional A320 or 738 descending into YMML 150 km away.:)

Same here Paul, I have been lucky to have lived in some rural properties, pitch black and great for star gazing. I wish I knew what they were all called, I only know a very few.:(

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, I'd have to travel quite a way away to see stars, we have KATL and then a little further north the city lights of Atlanta and I can see that glow from my house too.

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Moondreamer you! Splendid shots Jack!

Thanks Erik!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots Jack

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul.  Unfortunately all I see is KATL's glow brightening the sky, all night long.  But what's REALLY cool, is when I drive down into my subdivision and look up, instead of stars I can count at least 50 planes in the sky at once, all circling to land, it's an amazing sight!

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, I'd have to travel quite a way away to see stars, we have KATL and then a little further north the city lights of Atlanta and I can see that glow from my house too.

50 planes at once, what a sight that must be. Reminds me of England when on a clear day the sky was a mass of vapour(chem:wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:) trails criss crossing the sky.

If you want to see plenty of stars just hit yourself over the head with a lump of wood!:wacko::o:lol:

59 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

50 planes at once, what a sight that must be. Reminds me of England when on a clear day the sky was a mass of vapour(chem:wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:) trails criss crossing the sky.

If you want to see plenty of stars just hit yourself over the head with a lump of wood!:wacko::o:lol:

Oh yeah, there's literally that many, all circling around, remember we now have five runways and it's still the busiest in the world.  It's a sight to see at night with so many people in the air at once.  I figured once that if there's say 150 people per plane x 50 = that's 7500 souls I'm looking at flying.

Archived