Heading towards London

VH-KDK

The next part of my flight along the Thames where we will travel towards the City.

1.la1.jpg

The trusty Tiger Moth taking off from Fairoaks.

2.la2.jpg

Hampton Court Palace and Molesey

3.la3.jpg

Kingston upon Thames and Kingston Bridge

4.la4.jpg

Richmond with Twickenham on the left.

5.la5.jpg

Kew Gardens with the Evolution House and the Palm House almost hidden in the trees.

6.la6.jpg

Barnes Bridge. On the upper  right is Richmond Park and Sawyers Hill!

7.la7.jpg

Hammersmith and Hammersmith Bridge.

8.la8.jpg

Craven Cottage home of Fulham Football Club.

9.la9.jpg

Parson's Green on the left with Wandsworth Bridge and Wandsworth on the right.

10.la10.jpg

EGLW London Heliport in Black! The Altura, Vicentia Towers and the Heliport Hotel at Cotton Row.

11.la11.jpg

Waltham Green's romantic gas works! Chelsea's Stanford Bridge ground can be made out just behind  the wings.

12.la12.jpg

Battersea park and Albert Bridge with Battersea Bridge beyond.

13.la13.jpg

The now decommissioned Battersea Power Station is one of the largest brick buildings in the world. Chelsea Bridge is behind the Grosvenor Railway Bridge.

14.la14.jpg

Vauxhall Bridge. The Kennington Oval cricket ground is just out of sight to the right.

Too many images for one post so the second part will be shown at a later date.

What a fantastic job has been done with all of these landmarks along the west side of London.

Breaking News : Martyn the Moth man is on the move again , be on the look out for fantastic screenshots and POI investigation's . More about this breaking story as details become available . :oB):D:lol:

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Breaking News : Martyn the Moth man is on the move again , be on the look out for fantastic screenshots and POI investigation's . More about this breaking story as details become available . :oB):D:lol:

Cheers

John

+1!

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks John and congratulations  for this scoop.:lol:

Breaking the news is a shattering experience, I should not have been so careless to break it.:huh:

Stay glued to your monitor to see if I can fix this broken news later!:o

Dialogues like this makes this forum so special. Thanks, mates! :D

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

what splendid  set of screen shots Martyn what a nice tour you have taken us all on I must say I enjoyed your trip of the river Thames

For I now it well having lived in Weybridge which is on the Thames regards stewart

Thank you Stewart, glad you enjoyed the tour.

I grew up not far away at Effingham so like you many of the places are familiar. It has been over 50 years ago since I left so there is also a lot of change.:)

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

More excellent touring Martyn!  Sawyer's Hill?  I wanna go there and the Battersea Power Station always reminds me of Pink Floyd! 

Thanks Jack I was thinking of you on both counts.

"I am not an animal." Oh hang on wrong quote!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

+1!

Dialogues like this makes this forum so special. Thanks, mates! :D

Thanks so much Gerold. One of the reasons I spend so much time on here is the banter.:)

I have a very special and valued group of friends on here:P

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Gosh, that is a great flight and narrative Martyn! :) Is the next stop Fleet Street? ;)

Thank you Paul.

If I was to name all of the places and history on here it would take hours, I used to love visiting London for the day.

As I was careless and broke the news I should go to Fleet Street where I could paper over the cracks.:huh::wacko::lol:

Archived