Introducing NZWR Whangarei Airport

Hi Alex. Can you tell me what Sim you used for the lovely shots that you took. Mean was it FSX or P3Dv4 and did you use any weather products as everything looked so real. Now all I have to do is buy North and South Island. Dam. Thank you. Derek.

On 11/8/2017 at 1:07 AM, codo said:

Briliant and  superb choice ! We can hope for an upgrade for NZGB and Kiwi station ? Best regards.

I would be quite interested in Great Barrier Island, my next project is not really set in stone at all.

9 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Alex. Can you tell me what Sim you used for the lovely shots that you took. Mean was it FSX or P3Dv4 and did you use any weather products as everything looked so real. Now all I have to do is buy North and South Island. Dam. Thank you. Derek.

Screens 1-7, 28, and 29 are from @Adam Banks who used Prepar3D v4, PTA (I believe his config is available), and REX. The originals are in 3840x2160 resolution which I scaled down.

25, 26, and 27 are from @Ben McClintock I believe in Prepar3D v4 also, and I think also at 3840x2160.

My own shots are the remainder, all from Prepar3D v3 and using only REX, at 1080p. My REX theme came from Adam's recommendations for New Zealand. My setup is a bit bare since it's almost entirely a dev platform, I usually run off a clean install with only what I need for a current project, plus REX to make sure the atmosphere has the right backdrop. I can get the recommendations from Adam for REX.

I'll be back later with a coverage KML, and testers will be putting their own screenshots up this week :)

On 11/12/2017 at 8:10 AM, Alex Goff said:

I would be quite interested in Great Barrier Island, my next project is not really set in stone at all.

Don't know if it's too big to interest you, but I would suggest Wellington. Good location mid-country, lots of interesting POIs in and near the airport (Wellington sign, Middle Earth sign, new control tower in the middle of a shopping center car park...), and the winds can make it really challenging. I've also thought Gisborne would be interesting with the train tracks going across the runway.

42 minutes ago, drebin8 said:

Don't know if it's too big to interest you, but I would suggest Wellington. Good location mid-country, lots of interesting POIs in and near the airport (Wellington sign, Middle Earth sign, new control tower in the middle of a shopping center car park...), and the winds can make it really challenging. I've also thought Gisborne would be interesting with the train tracks going across the runway.

Robin Corn / Godzone made a wonderful Wellington for FS9 and later FSX. If memory serves me right he started work on a new version some time ago, but not sure about the actual state. In any case, it would be a good idea to contact him in advance to avoid having two Wellingtons and other nice destinations (like Rotorua or Wanaka or the Mt. Cook Area) missing.

Kind regards, Michael

22 hours ago, pmb said:

Robin Corn / Godzone made a wonderful Wellington for FS9 and later FSX. If memory serves me right he started work on a new version some time ago, but not sure about the actual state. In any case, it would be a good idea to contact him in advance to avoid having two Wellingtons and other nice destinations (like Rotorua or Wanaka or the Mt. Cook Area) missing.

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah, I had that one back in the day and enjoyed it. Didn't realise they might be working on one for P3D v4, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!  BTW - Whangarei looks amazing, can't wait!

Drew

Alex, I've done some flight plans and repaints prior to the announcement of 'Whangarei' for the Northland rescue helos using the UTT S76.

It looks like I'm going to have to modify them to match this addition.

Is there an AFD for the NEST heliport ? How about the McLeod Bay helipad ?

I'd like to get every thing correct prior to posting it.

Also I have a texture for a UI S76 waiting to upload for people.

47 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Alex, I've done some flight plans and repaints prior to the announcement of 'Whangarei' for the Northland rescue helos using the UTT S76.

It looks like I'm going to have to modify them to match this addition.

Is there an AFD for the NEST heliport ? How about the McLeod Bay helipad ?

I'd like to get every thing correct prior to posting it.

Also I have a texture for a UI S76 waiting to upload for people.

I have not set up an APX file for either helipad, it probably would not make a release but if there is a strong interest I can patch in the files. 

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed. Only yesterday did I find time for a test flight from NZAA to NZWR, and it's a charming place indeed. Situated on a half-island, with the  approach to rwy 24 over the hills. Very well done and a good choice.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived