My hometown

Mr.Mugel

It´s been a while since I´ve had real flight with some shots in FS, mainly due to OOM issues. Got myself some new parts for the PC and since than I can´t really fly the Connie anymore for example. Had to restart FSX twice on the way from Cologne to Frankfurt, even with settings lowered quite a bit. Maybe it´s the change to DX10 and cloud/cockpit shadows, don´t really know. Will change to P3D V4 soon, just need to have some spare change to rebuy my planes from A2A as I wasn´t as wise as to buy the FS/P3D bundle.

Well, here´s some shots from my current location:

Taking off from EDKA, which is close to the highway I take from work.

fsx_2017_11_02_23_15_04.png

First a north-east bound direction to check out the holes in the ground which is usually just referred to as the "Loch" by the local people. It´s the open pit coal mine next to the Weißweiler power station.

fsx_2017_11_02_23_19_22.png

Turning back over Eschweiler.
fsx_2017_11_02_23_22_45.png

To finally check out Aachen. Living there for a bit more than 6 years now and I came to love it. It´s indeed my home now.
fsx_2017_11_02_23_30_22.png

This is the northern area of Aachen with the Lousberg and the railway station "Aachen West" infront of it. On top of the Lousberg the Drehturm Belvedere is modeled. A cafe where the seats are mounted on a slowly rotating ring so you get a good view around while eating a piece of cake. IIRC it´s 30 minutes for a full rotation.
fsx_2017_11_02_23_32_38.png

And heading back out to Merzbrück to store the old crate.
fsx_2017_11_02_23_35_05.png

Sadly I didn´t get to land as idiot me tried changing the POV distance in 3rd person view. On the german keyboard layout, the Ctrl + combination is right next to Ctrl ü, which resets the flight by default. Learned my lesson and deleted the assignment. Still enjoyed the flight as far as it went.

Wonderful set and thanks for the tour around your home town.

I don't buy pay ware where they make you pay full price or near full price  for every upgrade even though they might be top class planes.

A few $ yes  big $  no.

As both Jack and John have said moving to P3D will make your sim experience totally different for the best.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Yes, P3D will be a big step, but I really think it'll be worth it.

About rebuying I tend to agree, but I'm just so used to the Accusim System depth. Well, maybe I'll start with the Harvard. Wanted to get that one anyway.

Nice flight and a fine description, surely with the local expert´s touch!

On 3.11.2017 at 12:03 AM, Mr.Mugel said:

It´s been a while since I´ve had real flight with some shots in FS, mainly due to OOM issues. Got myself some new parts for the PC and since than I can´t really fly the Connie anymore for example. Had to restart FSX twice on the way from Cologne to Frankfurt, even with settings lowered quite a bit. Maybe it´s the change to DX10 and cloud/cockpit shadows, don´t really know. Will change to P3D V4 soon, just need to have some spare change to rebuy my planes from A2A as I wasn´t as wise as to buy the FS/P3D bundle.

So you have one reason more to do the change I am currently doing (I can avoid OOMs most of the time). Well, DX10 and Steves fixer I used for many years in FSX now, but the big step is in the making:

I have the list of my non-Orbx payware next to me and see how much it will cost to upgrade those that I really use. 

From the answers to my little post you can see how helpful the people on this forum are.

Thanks for the info, I´ll keep that handy.

My system is similar now, I guess, i5 7600k, GTX1060 and 16GB Ram. Money is coming in at the middle of the month, I guess that´s the time for me to pull the trigger.

Archived