ETSF Furstenfeldbruck

VH-KDK

Another military base for PaulB to peruse.

For us older ones who can remember this is where the Munich Massacre took place involving some of the Israeli Olympic team during the Munich Olympic Games in 1972.

1.ff1.jpg

2.ff2.jpg

3.ff3.jpg

4.ff5.jpg

5.ff6.jpg

6.ff7.jpg

7.ff8.jpg

8.ff9.jpg

9.ff10.jpg

10.ff11.jpg

32 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

super set of screen shots Martyn you are doing a fair bit of flying today my friend I love you screen shots regards stewart

Cheers for your great comment Stewart, I am happy you like my shots.

33 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! Thank you for this post :).  Excellent shots.

Sadly, I too remember the occasion.   I think that it is very much a reserve base nowadays............

QQaTzGA.jpg

No worries Paul, glad you like the post.

Yes, not much happening here these days in RL.

11 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Yes, not much happening here these days in RL.

We used to fly from there to Decimomannu in Sardinia, took us with the Transall C-160 some 4 hours. Return flight two times as passenger in one of our two-seater F104 Starfighters with plenty of Italian red wine in a small storage compartment. Took us 37 minutes :)

Oh before I forget, superb screenies, Martyn 

19 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

We used to fly from there to Decimomannu in Sardinia, took us with the Transall C-160 some 4 hours. Return flight two times as passenger in one of our two-seater F104 Starfighters with plenty of Italian red wine in a small storage compartment. Took us 37 minutes :)

Oh before I forget, superb screenies, Martyn 

So many interesting stories on here and here is another one, thanks Bernd.

Not too many on here that would have flown in a F-104 what an experience that must have been. A little quicker and noisier than the Transall!

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Martyn, sadly I remember that incident.  :(  I was a kid and couldn't understand what happened.  

Cheers Jack. I was 18 and in my summer job. I can remember the disbelief that this could have happened.

Just to let you know ETSF has been closed already in 2003, only the University of the German Airforce is there, little traffic with small GA from the local club. And finally since Dec 2015 no more flying at all. ETSF is finally history. since a few years, the former main runway is currently used by BMW as training center. Since 2014 parts of the buildings are being used as a collecting camp for refugees from Syria.

The future usage of the whole area is currently under a heavy discussion.

Here some pictures

https://www.bmw-drivingexperience.com/en/trainingsorte/driving-academy-maisach.html

Archived