Angelfish in V4

Jack Sawyer

Thanks @Larry_R!

Here she is in Boston harbor.  When I was a teenager me and my cousin used to water ski here in the harbor next to the airport and they'd freak out!  :D

upS22Gg.jpg

Hey, can I buy some lobsters?

NvtzW80.jpg

THGhzKm.jpg

FnFQVx5.jpg

Big ship - little ship

YXIB0rc.jpg

This is where I grew up.  Right on the ocean

E8iT1Oe.jpg

1 minute ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Great shots. Lovely boat trip. Where is it available?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Ebo!  This is what Larry sent me.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing.

Hi Jack,

The Angelfish is in the Extras folder for CAG8.  However the surface radar does not work in v4 so I'm going to remove it for v4 only.   V4 no longer supports older '.gau' type gauges and I suspect it will be a while before someone makes a surface radar that will pick up AI boats. But I'm hoping.

I'm working on an update for CAG8 that will include some new stuff too, but I'll wait for the dust to settle before finishing it.

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Jack you will have no problem going under the Zakim Bridge in your Yacht . :rolleyes:;):D

Cheers

John

You know John, I haven't been back there in so long it's not funny.  Last time I was there that bridge didn't exist.  I have good memories of Boston per se, just not of the difficulties I had with the people, and the stupid mafia.  Yes, the mafia.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You know John, I haven't been back there in so long it's not funny.  Last time I was there that bridge didn't exist.  I have good memories of Boston per se, just not of the difficulties I had with the people, and the stupid mafia.  Yes, the mafia.

I can believe that about Boston , Whitey Bulger and also the Irish Mafia ran that city for along time .

John

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

I can believe that about Boston , Whitey Bulger and also the Irish Mafia ran that city for along time .

John

I had a plumbing business right out of trade school.  We wouldn't pay the mafia so they didn't steal our money, pipe stock or fittings, they stole our tools!  Do you know how expensive it is to replace tools?  So we could not longer get insurance so my friend went to LA and I joined the Air Force.

I would rather be homeless here in Georgia than a millionaire in Massachusetts!

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Nice set of shots Jack you will have a problem going upside down with a boat you want a yellow one regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, when I put it in 3.4 I tried but couldn't get it to go inverted because there's no way to control it.  On he water it's brilliant, throttle and pedals.  Oh, and Taph repainted one for me but it's just a screenshot.  

13j3io6.jpg

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful tour around the harbour Jack, I hope you enjoyed your lobsters.

Frightening story about your problems trying to run a business.

Thanks Martyn!  I love lobsta!  Yes, you didn't not want to mess around with those guys so I just left.

2 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Just for you Jack. try this texture. (You are the only one officially authorized to use it.)  :)

angelfish.dds

Thanks Larry but this is like the fifth time I can't download a file like this.  All I get is Page Not Found, or if I right click and download file I het HTML text.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Love the shots Jack!  Awesomely done! Love cruising in the simulator as well. :)  

Thanks JJJ!  Sometimes it's so relaxing to sit in this boat and let it cruise and enjoy scenery from a different angle.  I love it.

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Jack, I think that's a problem with most of the big and little cities in the Northeast, not just Boston. Anyway, great shots of your little boat in Boston Harbor! :)

You never hear of the mafia here in the Deep South.  Thanks, I liked the harbor when I was a kid.  My grandmother would take me to see the planes and boats when I was little.  I miss her and it.

6 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Just for you Jack. try this texture. (You are the only one officially authorized to use it.)  :)

angelfish.dds

I tried it Larry but see no change.  I found the angelfish_0.dds and saved it outside the folder.  Then renamed this one angelfish_0.dds and loaded it and it is the same thing.  Did I do something incorrectly?

Martyn send it to me via google.

Archived